Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have had this case for about 3 months now. It looks TERRIBLE.
    I can't believe that I paid $$$ for this case and it looks really bad after 3 months. WHAT THE HECK.

I am contacting Vaja today. if they can't/won't do anything about it. I will ship it back and call my credit card company.

I could never hang a light fixture for $300 then have it fall out of the ceiling and say thats the way they are designed............ WHAT
    Keep us informed as to what happens! I'm waiting to get mine for my 650. Placed the order Jan 3 & still waiting. They just told me I could cancel the order if I wanted to, but I choose not to.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    in previous posts you said you had no issues with vaja cases, just asking, why do you think that you are having problems with this one?

Do handle it different?

Smilyboy
    "Yeah Yeah.... Never had a problem with all 3 vaja cases I have had. People say the same about BMW & Mercedes vs Toyotas and Hondas.. All personal choices."
    What's wrong with this particular case? Many, myself included, haven't been happy with the painted leather. Is that the issue here or is it a construction quality problem?
  5.    #5  
    Tthe first case I bought was for a nokia e61. it is pure leather, no plastic inserts like on the treo cases and I think it is dyed. The Treo case is a piece or 2 of molded plastic over laid with leather, then painted.
    So as of now, I can see the plastic sticking out of the top of the case and the "paint" is wearing off.
    I handle this case no different than any other I have owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I have had this case for about 3 months now. It looks TERRIBLE.
    You mean like this?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94411

I am not happy either.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    You mean like this?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94411

I am not happy either.
    That looks pretty bad. The Sena (Magneto Flip) case I bought was a lot less and looks *better* than the day I first got it. The leather has become softer and molded itself beautifully around the Treo. I almost went for the Vaja.

Thanks for the warning!
    $300? Did you buy a crystal or silver case?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    $300? Did you buy a crystal or silver case?
    LOL, I was wondering how to interpret that line myself.
    They do make crystal and silver cases, at a BIG premium, so that's what I was thinking he'd bought.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #11  
    yep mine looks just like that.
  12.    #12  
    I'm an electrician. I was just comparing the cost and quality aspect of vaja cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They do make crystal and silver cases, at a BIG premium, so that's what I was thinking he'd bought.
    Oh!
    Mind you, those pictures were 1 1/2 years ago. My case looks MUCH worse now. But it is otherwise functional, and I continue to use it...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I wish the paint was the problem with the Vaja I had for the 650. My problem is sometimes getting out of a car, or from a seated position, it would dump the 650 onto the ground/floor. Resulted in more than a few nicks on the face of the device. Which is why now, after buying the 750, I haven't tried to sell my unlocked 650. It looks pretty rough, and I owe it all to the fact it would slide out of the Vaja.

Vaja gets no more of my money.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    I had that happen too. The problem is that the metal nub on the Vaja wears out the plastic clip's retaining nubbin. They sent me a new clip, which will wear out in due course.

I am hoping I will have a new Treo by then, with a different case
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I am curious what reponse he gets from Vaja. I had no luck, even after calling them.

Good luck!

After all the treads complaining this same issue I am very surprised, people are still buying them from this site? Vaja seems not to care or can't do anything about it
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    Keep us informed as to what happens! I'm waiting to get mine for my 650. Placed the order Jan 3 & still waiting. They just told me I could cancel the order if I wanted to, but I choose not to.
    I would cancel it, with the $130 find yourself a better case where the paint does not rub off or stretches so the phone falls out of the case, maybe costing you a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    After all the treads complaining this same issue I am very surprised, people are still buying them from this site? Vaja seems not to care or can't do anything about it
    My only complaint with them is that they paint the leather versus dying it. They should make that clear on their website. Their products just look like crap after a short period of normal use, otherwise they hold up well.

I'm surprised that anyone would read this thread and buy from Vaja. I imagine there are may dissatisfied customers that don't have a forum for complaining, or don't participate in one. I bet Vaja does the bulk of their sales based on the slick presentation of their website. Too bad their products are not of similar quality.
    I bought 2 Vaja cases at the same time. One for me, one for my daughter.
    We gave up on them after a few months. Mostly had issues with the Rivit clips, but finally, the cases looked terrible. I guess the painted leather. Their products are overpriced and extremely overrated. Could never recommend them to anyone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast