Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Well: I'm not impressed:

my first email:
    Subjectdisapointed in the quality of my Treo 680 case I bought a vaja case for my Treo 680. I haven't had the case very long and it looks horrid. I am familiar with your products and I previously had a case for my Nokia E61. I had this case for about 5 months and it looks great. I would like to know what can you do about this product and the apparent defects. I had no idea that the leather was glued on to plastic. There appears to be more plastic than leather. I will look to hear from you by the close of business tomorrow.
    Thx

vaja first response:
    Josh, The case ordered is an Ivolution case, which as shown in our site, consists of a semirigid structure completely lined in leather. The leather used is Caterina, which is a high end cowhide, genuine leather, and it has the exact same quality as the rest of our products. You are comparing it to a completely different product since the other case ordered belongs to our classic line. Vitelino leather was used, which is also genuine leather, but with a different finish. It has a glossy cracked surface while Caterina leather used for Ivolution line has super smooth and uniform texture. Caterina is also more sensitive to use since it has pores and once dirt gets there it is not possible to get it removed. Lighter tones are more delicate than darker ones. But the issues you are referring to cannot be connected to product flaws at all; it is just the design the case has. Best regardsMar╠a Cecilia Garc╠a QuerolCustomer Care Departmentwww.vajacases.comwww.vajachoice.com

my second response:
    SubjectRe: disapointed in the quality of my Treo 680 case I understand that this case is delicate. However, spending this type of money on a case to me, doesnt reflect the same quality. What can we do to resolve this issue? I really like your products. I wasn't prepared for the design of this case. Best regards--

vaja 2nd response:
    Josh, The product sent to you is one of our best selling cases, and we are really surprised to hear that since we have not received this type of claim from the many customers who have ordered it. May be the use you are giving to the case is not the one the item has been designed for. We have seen in the pictures the leather is torn, and that reaction cannot be considered as the result of gently moderate use, since the cowhide is damaged. As explained, Caterina leather is soft and flexible and should be handled with care. What we can offer is a discount coupon of usd 20 to be used in any purchase you want to made in our site, not only for a Treo case, it will be applicable to any product. We can issue it with a validity of 1 year so you can use it any time in the future. Best regardsMar╠a Cecilia Garc╠a QuerolCustomer Care Departmentwww.vajacases.comwww.vajachoice.com

- I see where they are comin from. However, I dropped $102 on this case. Not cool, guess i'll have to call my credit card company and have the charges reversed. I'd rather deal with Siedio.
    Pictures please?
    Smiley,
    Have you been abusing your Vaja case???
  4.    #24  
    Yes I am abusing it. Simply by using it. :P.
    I'll post pics tonight.
    Thanks for the warning. I was going to get a new case. I have one, but barely used it so there's no wear on it, but it doesnt fit the 750 exactly. Maybe I'll just use that one anyway until it wears out, saved me $100!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Well: I'm not impressed:

my first email:
    Subjectdisapointed in the quality of my Treo 680 case I bought a vaja case for my Treo 680. I haven't had the case very long and it looks horrid. I am familiar with your products and I previously had a case for my Nokia E61. I had this case for about 5 months and it looks great. I would like to know what can you do about this product and the apparent defects. I had no idea that the leather was glued on to plastic. There appears to be more plastic than leather. I will look to hear from you by the close of business tomorrow.
    Thx

vaja first response:
    Josh, The case ordered is an Ivolution case, which as shown in our site, consists of a semirigid structure completely lined in leather. The leather used is Caterina, which is a high end cowhide, genuine leather, and it has the exact same quality as the rest of our products. You are comparing it to a completely different product since the other case ordered belongs to our classic line. Vitelino leather was used, which is also genuine leather, but with a different finish. It has a glossy cracked surface while Caterina leather used for Ivolution line has super smooth and uniform texture. Caterina is also more sensitive to use since it has pores and once dirt gets there it is not possible to get it removed. Lighter tones are more delicate than darker ones. But the issues you are referring to cannot be connected to product flaws at all; it is just the design the case has. Best regardsMar╠a Cecilia Garc╠a QuerolCustomer Care Departmentwww.vajacases.comwww.vajachoice.com

my second response:
    SubjectRe: disapointed in the quality of my Treo 680 case I understand that this case is delicate. However, spending this type of money on a case to me, doesnt reflect the same quality. What can we do to resolve this issue? I really like your products. I wasn't prepared for the design of this case. Best regards--

vaja 2nd response:
    Josh, The product sent to you is one of our best selling cases, and we are really surprised to hear that since we have not received this type of claim from the many customers who have ordered it. May be the use you are giving to the case is not the one the item has been designed for. We have seen in the pictures the leather is torn, and that reaction cannot be considered as the result of gently moderate use, since the cowhide is damaged. As explained, Caterina leather is soft and flexible and should be handled with care. What we can offer is a discount coupon of usd 20 to be used in any purchase you want to made in our site, not only for a Treo case, it will be applicable to any product. We can issue it with a validity of 1 year so you can use it any time in the future. Best regardsMar╠a Cecilia Garc╠a QuerolCustomer Care Departmentwww.vajacases.comwww.vajachoice.com

- I see where they are comin from. However, I dropped $102 on this case. Not cool, guess i'll have to call my credit card company and have the charges reversed. I'd rather deal with Siedio.
    Pretty much the same response they gave me, they always blame the customer , horrible CS!!!
    Reading those letters, I guess Vaja cases are meant for show more than actual usage. I barely used mine, so it's perfect.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm still waiting on 2 Vaja cases to arrive 30 days later here
  9.    #29  
    Cancel it!? What a rip. Don't waste the cash.
  10.    #30  
    Here are a few pics. These are the same ones I sent to vaja.
    I got my case on the 22th of December, BTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do you think you would have this problem if you had ordered plain Black cases?

I have an order in for one Black and an Orange one.
  12.    #32  
    I wouldn't, in a few months the plastic will be punching through on either color. Black is easy to hide, but all orange will wear off and will be black anyway.
  13. KAP
    One thing to consider in looking for a leather case is to look for leather that has been aniline dyed. Paint is frequently used by some leather case makers because (1) it easily covers surface flaws, (2) lower grades of leathers can be used, lowering the manufacturer’s costs and, (3) manufacturers are able to use a higher percent of their materials (even those with surface flaws), again, reducing their costs.

By contrast, aniline dying is a higher cost process. Aniline dye is a colored, transparent liquid. Leathers are submerged in dye baths. This process colors the leather throughout, it doesn’t simply surface-color the leather, like a paint job does. Because the dye is transparent, any flaws that exist in the leather are entirely visible, so only high quality grades of leather can be used for an aniline dye process.

This doesn’t mean that aniline dyed leather is immune to abuse, but it does wear better insofar as the paint doesn’t rub off.

Hope this is a little helpful.
    All that is good to know.. but hard to find out when buying products on-line.

One would think that the hugely EXPENSIVE Vaja products would use the best technology.

One would be wrong.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I used to love Vaja cases too but for my Treo 680, I have decided to give the Boxwave leather case a try since it looks like the vaja but cost less. I am waiting for its shipment.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlsh...-case_2433.htm
    Last edited by DocGo; 02/11/2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added link
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    One thing to consider in looking for a leather case is to look for leather that has been aniline dyed. Paint is frequently used by some leather case makers because (1) it easily covers surface flaws, (2) lower grades of leathers can be used, lowering the manufacturerĺs costs and, (3) manufacturers are able to use a higher percent of their materials (even those with surface flaws), again, reducing their costs.

By contrast, aniline dying is a higher cost process. Aniline dye is a colored, transparent liquid. Leathers are submerged in dye baths. This process colors the leather throughout, it doesnĺt simply surface-color the leather, like a paint job does. Because the dye is transparent, any flaws that exist in the leather are entirely visible, so only high quality grades of leather can be used for an aniline dye process.

This doesnĺt mean that aniline dyed leather is immune to abuse, but it does wear better insofar as the paint doesnĺt rub off.

Hope this is a little helpful.
    That's very informative, thanks!
  17. KAP
    I've received a wealth of information from these forums. I'm glad to give a little back. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAP View Post
    I've received a wealth of information from these forums. I'm glad to give a little back. :-)
    I've always loved the RexRegina line of cases...they're gorgeous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I've always loved the RexRegina line of cases...they're gorgeous!
    Never heard of them before. They look very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo View Post
    I used to love Vaja cases too but for my Treo 680, I have decided to give the Boxwave leather case a try since it looks like the vaja but cost less. I am waiting for its shipment.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlsh...-case_2433.htm
    please keep us posted on these, i was going to order one for the treo 7oop but wasnt sure if the case would get in the way with the cornor keys on the keyboard.... follow up with a review please....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast