Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I set this up last night and it works great! Today, however, my battery is down to 30% by 2 pm (this is after battery patch). Any suggestions on twicking EAS to save power? I have a copper Treo, so I am still waiting for Seidio to come up with copper doors. If things keep going like today I am going to be the only one with a copper treo and crimson extended battery door .

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    The mail2web method mentioned above is great. My Yahoo mail is getting pushed to Versamail pretty fast. The only flaw I have with this is that I cannot keep a copy of the forwarded message on my Yahoo server.

I would like to check/read emails on the 680 with Versamail while I'm at work, but I would also like to see those same messages when I get home on the PC. Yahoo doesn't seem to supports this option. I hope they do soon.

I'm considering switching to my gmail address as I get too much spam at Yahoo. but I'm too lazy to change the settings to all the websites I use. lol

Anyway, again...Thanks for the Mail2Web tip. It works perfectly.
    I don't think crimson is available. It wasn't as of yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    I set this up last night and it works great! Today, however, my battery is down to 30% by 2 pm (this is after battery patch). Any suggestions on twicking EAS to save power? I have a copper Treo, so I am still waiting for Seidio to come up with copper doors. If things keep going like today I am going to be the only one with a copper treo and crimson extended battery door .
    I decided to just switch to gmail as it keeps copies on their server as well. Plus, it's free forwarding/pop3 access.

I thought EAS will drain my battery, but I've had it running all day today & right now (10:15pm EST) it is at 64% (I took off the charger at 7:20am EST). I browsed the net a bit and talked on the phone for a total of about 20 minutes. Sent some text messages as well. So I'm surprised the battery is still above 50%.
    I decided to just switch to gmail as it keeps copies on their server as well. Plus, it's free forwarding/pop3 access.

I thought EAS will drain my battery, but I've had it running all day today & right now (10:15pm EST) it is at 64% (I took off the charger at 7:20am EST). I browsed the net a bit and talked on the phone for a total of about 20 minutes. Sent some text messages as well. So I'm surprised the battery is still above 50%.
    So what's your conclusion?

A full days use with Push mail through Gmail and you're good to go still?

On another note, is it possible to setup Push with a better app like Snappermail?
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    My conclusion is that Gmail + Mail2Web + 24/7 DirectPush = Awesome & Light on the Battery
    Follow Me On

If you already have an investment in Blackberry Server, you can use blackberry connect for the Treo 680. It's available from palm for cingular...
    I'm currently using it right now for my exchange server and it works great on my Treo 680
    That's right I'm Bad!!!!!!
    I have spoken with two people (one where I work) who swear up and down that the EASupdate works with the 650 and Versamail 3.5, yet I see here that it apparently doesn't. Do these people they have something else installed that they don't know about (they do use versamail)? I sincerely doubt they are "blowing smoke." Any guesses? Thanks before I blow it up if I take the plunge can I delete the file?
    My conclusion is that Gmail + Mail2Web + 24/7 DirectPush = Awesome & Light on the Battery
    A question for you...Is there a way on the mail2web website to have an email that I deleted from my 680 either deleted from my inbox online, or moved to an "archived" folder....???

Thanks,

b
    I use GMail to archive all my mail and Mail2Web set it to delete all mail.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I use GMail to archive all my mail and Mail2Web set it to delete all mail.
    Doh. I guess that I should have thought of that. Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post
    Doh. I guess that I should have thought of that. Thanks...
    Now of course, I can't seem to find in mail2web where to set "delete all." Where would that setting be?

Thanks,

Purdue
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post
    Now of course, I can't seem to find in mail2web where to set "delete all." Where would that setting be?

Thanks,

Purdue
    Wait, wait, wait. One more. How can I have it so what I update on my 680 in the calendar is updated on the mail2web calendar?

Thanks a bunch!!

Purdue
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    If an Exchange server is setup correctly and the firewall is not causing the connection to be dropped, then push email is almost instant. I run my own Exchange server and within within a few seconds of the mail arriving my phone gets it.

The problem some experience is related to the firewall timeout value. Exhange keeps a tunnel open to your Treo and once a message comes in, it pushes it to your phone through that tunnel. If the firewall is not setup correctly, it will drop that tunnel. Exchange is set to check the connection every 8 or 9 minutes I believe. If its not there, it will re-establish the connection and send any new mail.
    This is not quite correct. The DEVICE sends a ping to the exchange server, which the exchange server buffers. When a message comes in an acknowledgement is sent to the device which causes an sync to occur. Your firewall needs to have half open sessions set at 30 minute timeouts (Which is the max session length the DEVICE supports). The exchange server can NOT re-establish a connection with the device. All of the connection related requirements are handled by the device. If the TCP sessions is closed early, for whatever reason, the device will constantly be reconnecting and draining your battery.
    I've got this setup, but can someone tell me how I'd get my .mac mail setup using mail2web? I just need to get my .mac mail, aol mail, no calendars or anything. Thanks in advance.

I think I figured it out. Now when I get email in versamail and respond will it show as coming from my.mac address? I have it setup to sync my inbox and mark the items as read. I don't want anything deleted. Is this the correct way of setting it up so all of my emails will still be in my inbox when I logon to my mail om my imac? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 03/18/2007 at 12:05 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    In versamail, go to "reply options" and set the reply to address as your .mac address. When people get an email sent from Versamail, it will show as the mail2web, but when they reply it will be sent to your .mac address.
    FYI, Chatteremail is no longer available. Author took a job at Palm earlier this month and announced he would no longer work on it.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/comments/9291/

UPDATE: The site was down for most of yesterday. Since all the DNS servers I queried indicated that the domain does not exist, I assumed that it was more than a simple outage -- that they'd pulled the plug on it entirely. Fortunately, it was all caused by an ownership transition: Palm now owns Chatteremail!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1223226
    Last edited by jfinlayson; 03/21/2007 at 07:56 AM.
    Of course it is still available.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

...anyway to quote from Marc's posting on the forums at chattermail.com)

"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things..."

As of this past Monday, I have become an employee of Palm, Inc. and will no longer be actively working on ChatterEmail. This is something of a bittersweet decision for me; ChatterEmail has, after all, been a major part of my life these past few years. On the other hand, I believe that my best chance to make a long-term contribution to the Palm/Treo community is to put my knowledge and experience to work in a larger cause.
    Wow...I didn't know this! Will it still be for sale?
    Mike
    ok I have a mail2web account, my work email is set to forward to it.
    how do i get it pushed to my unfortunatly locked cingular treo 680?
    I am trialing chatter and am willing to buy it if i can make it work or is there a way to make versa mail work.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast