1.    #1  
    I have had an incredible amount of resets and crashes recently and I am trying to identify the offending programs. I have a log of the crashes in reset doctor and it seems as if it consistently id's the active program at the time of the reset. I am wondering if this is accurate in identifying the correct program or whether the reset could be caused by a background program (ie, Chatter) and it merely displays the foreground program at the time of reset. The reason I ask this is that Chatter seems to be the program which most frequently triggers "foreground" resets. At other times I get infrequent resets in programs which in the past have been reliably stable (Datebook5, 2day, Epocrates, Handbase). The crash code identifies this program, but could this be related to something running in the background which wasn't identified? These programs include Chatter, Butler, Treo Key Hack, Field plus.
    Marc (Chatter Developer) will validly remind you that ##377# only tells you what was running at the time of the crash, not necessarily what caused it.

Not bashing Marc or Chatter by any means....in fact send your Chatter log file to Marc and he may be able to at the least determine if Chatter is the culprit.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  3.    #3  
    I guess that answers part of my question in that always does seem to display the running program at the time of reset. Now to the more important issue as to the root cause. One of the reasons I suspect Chatter is that resets have occurred when my Treo is basically "asleep".
    It is not accurate because when programs running in the background (hacks) cause a crash the message will always credit the program you were in with the crash and not the hack. For example before I got smart and deleted chatter I would get crashes in the Phone program and the crash debug program would say the phone program caused the crash when really it was chatter that caused the crash. Since I deleted chatter I have been crash free.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5.    #5  
    Well, I have been Chatter dependent for about 1 1/2 years. I guess I'll try disabling the program for 1 week and see if I can cut down on my average of 2-3 resets/day. If I "shutdown" Chatter so it doesn't run in the background, does this have the same effect as uninstalling?
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog View Post
    Well, I have been Chatter dependent for about 1 1/2 years. I guess I'll try disabling the program for 1 week and see if I can cut down on my average of 2-3 resets/day. If I "shutdown" Chatter so it doesn't run in the background, does this have the same effect as uninstalling?
    If you are chatter dependent then buy a Treo 650. Chatter does not play nice with the 700p hardware particularly the EVDO radio. The developer won't admit it, but that is the case.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    If you are chatter dependent then buy a Treo 650. Chatter does not play nice with the 700p hardware particularly the EVDO radio. The developer won't admit it, but that is the case.
    This is just not true. Chatter runs much more stable on my 700p then it ever did on my 650. The improvement is due to the advancements in the hardware and software. How is Chatter unstable due to EVDO?

If you want to log resets, you might want to try Crash Pro.