Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can't have 2 phone numbers active at the same time. Once you choose one number the phone will disconnect and reconnect automatically to the other number.

By the way, T-zones always remains selected after resets.

It works great and I now have a backup to my original sim's which stay safely in another phone that friends can use when they visit. Note:Obviously both sims won't work at the same time and only the last sim to place a call will hear the phone ring on incoming calls.

The $16.99 is a very fair price by the way.
    Well, this definitely isn't just a TMO issue since we have Cingular folks affected too. There was already another thread on this issue, so I thought I'd raise awareness and cross refer them.

As of this point, no one's been able to definitively say "do this to fix the issue". A poster in this thread actually did try to research the issue with the carrier and got nowhere, which is sort of the fear I have... that calling them to resolve it without knowing exactly what to ask for will result in a worse situation, or at least no improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I haven't received the card yet. It's coming from Hong Kong and takes 7 to 10 days to arrive after they ship. I got the "your item has been shipped" email on February 10th.

I only have one SIM I'll be using -- I only bought it to try to cure the problem with not defaulting back to T-Zones after reset. Someone else will have to test whether you can use 2 SIMS simultaneously!
    Thank you ChristieC, please share your experience after your's arrive cause i am thinking of getting one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I have one on order. I intend to put three numbers on it from time to time, two permanently. I don't believe you could actually use two simultaenously (how would you do that...put them on hold???!!!??!??), I think you can simply switch from one to the other--it's basically the same as inserting a new sim card, but without the need to restart the phone application, but I'm not sure. Incidentally, I used to have a cell phone with two numbers--around 1985 or a little after that, it was very convenient, although at the time it wasn't gsm.

Hi mdavis,
    Will you be willing to report the result after you try it out ?
    It's the " two active phone no. in one sim card " feature that perk my curiosity as well as the " no fallback to default network " feature.

thanks
    Idian
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    You can't have 2 phone numbers active at the same time. Once you choose one number the phone will disconnect and reconnect automatically to the other number.

By the way, T-zones always remains selected after resets.

It works great and I now have a backup to my original sim's which stay safely in another phone that friends can use when they visit. Note:Obviously both sims won't work at the same time and only the last sim to place a call will hear the phone ring on incoming calls.

The $16.99 is a very fair price by the way.
    Hi bigcatny,

I understand what you're saying and i also believe it to be true..till now, but the one you bought at Brando did not claimed " two active phone no. in one sim card " whereas this one at ebay does.

That's why i am curious to know if it's true.

best
    Idian
    I didn't buy mine at brando, I bought it IN Hong Kong at the computer mall. Actually I bought 4, two 16 in 1 and two 12 in 1.

It's the same card. Usually I find that the english is translated and it's not quite as precise as one would hope.

That said, I do believe I've read that it's possible to have 2 lines active at once but that's network dependent. Since our old US tech can't handle multiple data streams that may be a limiting factor. Without a doubt, these cards on this network in the 680 don't do that.
    Okay, my 12-in-1 SimMax card arrived today and I just successfully backed up my original TMO sim card and wrote it to the SimMax, then inserted the SimMax in the 680, set my Network preferences for T-Zones and reset to see if the setting held after reset. Unfortunately, IT DIDN'T WORK!!! It reverted back to T-Mobile Internet, just like before.

bigcatny, is there a way to edit the Network settings on the SimMax card? I couldn't find it if there is.
    Last edited by ChristieC; 02/21/2007 at 08:43 PM.
    I think this reversion problem has somethihng to do with the SIM programming. As I've written, I had this problem, and TMO cured it by putting me on T Internet instead of VPN, from which it constantly reverted.

How long did it take you to create the new card?
    I think this reversion problem has somethihng to do with the SIM programming. As I've written, I had this problem, and TMO cured it by putting me on T Internet instead of VPN, from which it constantly reverted.
    Oh wait... you "cured" it by having TMo change your network to the one it defaulted to anyway after reset? well, that's a sort of cure, but not the one anyone not using a WAP service is interested in.

I don't think this has a lick to do about SIM programming. As I've said before, I used this exact same SIM in my 650 w/o issues. And I understand that a developer friend who had access to earlier versions of the 680 ROM wasn't experiencing this on those versions, but did on the version we're running. Face it... it's a B U G.
    Well, that lick may not be so simple, because this was not the 680 that would revert, it was the 650. I think it has something to do with what the SIM card is telling the phone.

How long did it take you to create the new card?
    I have to agree with taroliw -- changing your service to T-Mobile Internet (at $19.99 or $29.99, depending on whether you were grandfathered), which is what the phone automatically reverts to anyway, is hardly the cure most of us are looking for!! I switched FROM that service to take advantage of the $5.99 rate that does absolutely everything the far more expensive service does.

It took about an hour (maybe a little less) to backup the original card, but only about 30 seconds to write to the SimMax card once that was done.
    I think having the phone not support the sim's configuration was probably a problem for palm with the carriers. All gsm phones are supposed to "honor" the sim's settings.

That said if you are paying a carrier for a service, they should provide a sim that is provisioned correctly. They can do this with an OTA/OMA message to the phone. The cs rep won't know what it is, just play dumb and tell them you can't access t-zones - ask if they could configure it for you. They usually tell you to wait a minute - they send a message - then after a while they'll say to restart your phone.

I'm not sure what type of OMA DM the treo supports. If you have an old phone or are registered as using a different phone than the treo, you will need to stick the sim back in that phone as not all phones use the same set of standards. That's why I kept my razr, that and the cheaper data from cingular with medianet.

more about oma:
    http://www.openmobilealliance.org/about_OMA/index.html

ChristieC -- I wonder when you copied the sim, did it copy over the settings for the network? you could check by deleting it and restarting the phone to see if it comes back. Could be the sim srvc app doesn't force the network settings since it's not a carrier's sim.
    Last edited by frantid; 02/22/2007 at 01:46 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12