Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    i know 100% for sure it is NOT the phone that corrupts the card becuase I bought another 8GB card and it had the same issue. the problem is with my PC! when I try adding files that go over approx 5GB direct on my SD reader in my IBM notebook, it corrupts the card. Alternatively when I use my Nikon D80 camera as the 'card reader' it has neveronce corrupted.
    Have you guys tried using check disk in Winxp's explorer? Using that fixed my errors.
    I too started experiencing all of the same symptoms that you guys have with my TRANCEND 8GB card. One day it was working great and then the next day I could not see my photos and apps that I had stored on it via PowerRun. BackupBuddy was telling me that there was not an SD card in the device. At the same time, I could see all of my files on the card if I plugged it into my PC. I did a hard reset of my Treo 680 and stuck the card back in and all worked well again (until I restored my files from a backup)!

The next step was to begin to eliminate recently added programs that I had tried out over the last week. I now have a suspect list of programs that may have been contributing to my SD card problems. Since I have removed MetaView Soft's Palm PDF 1.5 and GX5's TreoWeather Beta 0.9.7.5 my system has returned to normal. I'm not yet sure if either program is the culprit, but I'm wondering if any of the rest of you (who have had this problem) have either of these programs installed on your Treo?
    Well, I guess I need to print a retraction. My Treo worked well for about 12 hours and then I turned it on again today and the 680 was not able to read the card. I did a soft reset and then I could read it again, but who knows for how long! I still suspect that this is a software problem.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am confused....
    On other forum, they said that Transcend 8GB SDHC Class 6 is working great with Treo 680. I am on my way to buy this Transcend 8GB Class 6. So, the card that you all experiencing problem is this class 6 Transcend?

Thanks..
  6.    #26  
    its your PC SD reader that may be giving you the problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwshack View Post
    Well, I guess I need to print a retraction. My Treo worked well for about 12 hours and then I turned it on again today and the 680 was not able to read the card. I did a soft reset and then I could read it again, but who knows for how long! I still suspect that this is a software problem.
    I am pretty sure your problem is a software problem, not specific to SDHC card. There is some software causing the card missing. You can install CradleCare or NotifyMe , which can remount your card.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12