Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My old phone did this and was wondering if anyone knew of a program that splits text messages that go over the 160 character limit?
    I have searched and searched, maybe one of you have heard of such an app?
    Thanks
    Last edited by BlindDude; 02/05/2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Wrong section, sorry. Can this be moved to Communication section?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    my 650 does this automatically, which treo do you have?
    My Treo 650 doesn't do this, it stops accepting text entry at 160 characters.
    same here for sprint 700p
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    same here for sprint 700p
    how does your 700p do that? mine just stops at the 160 char limit.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
    My old phone did this and was wondering if anyone knew of a program that splits text messages that go over the 160 character limit?
    Thanks

Ive been using funSMS for several years now and love it, but dont really know what else is out there, maybe something cheaper exists. It definitely is not restricted to 160 characters.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    CDMA vs GSM
    The 680 splits SMS.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    so yea it's a CDMA vs. GSM issue.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Ive been using funSMS for several years now and love it, but dont really know what else is out there, maybe something cheaper exists. It definitely is not restricted to 160 characters.

cheers
    Thank you for that,, I did find funsms through google and in googles discription, it said something like more than 160 characters, but when I went to the site, I couldnt find that discription. I will try the demo and post back if its all good..
    BTW I have an Altell treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    how does your 700p do that? mine just stops at the 160 char limit.
    i meant to say i have the 160 limit as well
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Thank you for that,, I did find funsms through google and in googles discription, it said something like more than 160 characters, but when I went to the site, I couldnt find that discription. I will try the demo and post back if its all good..
    BTW I have an Altell treo 650 CDMA
    Mine's a GSM, so it will be interesting to know how funSMS copes with the difference

good luck
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    MsgLenFix works for me.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  14.    #14  
    FUNSMS runs but it asks me to enable GSM Module? I have a CDMA and chickened out and exited the program..

MsgLenFix lets me send messages of 175 charactors in length but it comes back with 3 errors, Unable to send, Network down, and An Error has occured.. But it still sent it and the other party received the whole message. This is not exactally what I wanted but It will save me in tight times.. I can have it on my card and send it to ram whenever I want to send just a few more words..

Doesnt an auto splitter sound like a good idea? This should be included in the phone software... DANG!
    I found a potential fix to this. I am currently running on fido with a treo 680 and had this problem. I had my friend (who is on rogers) put his SIM in my card and send a long sms to force my treo to split the sms into smaller messages. We then put my SIM in and I was able to send messages over 160 characters and it would auto split for me.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Thanks
    Maxtext does that.
    http://www.maxtext.net/

John
    Hi:
    Here you can find the solution....I hope it works for you like it did it for me

Bye

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-899.html?MsgLenFix
    I wish thIs app worked on my sprint 700p--it's simple and light on RAM; has anybody been able to get this app to work on a sprint treo 700p? if so, how? does it work on verizon(just to eliminate the GSM/CDMA question)?
    thx in advance.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    msglenfix didnt resolve the problem on my treo680! why? i still cant write long messages...
    Quote Originally Posted by omertreo680 View Post
    msglenfix didnt resolve the problem on my treo680! why? i still cant write long messages...
    Isn't the whole concept of SMS: Short Message Service?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast