Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I have been searching for info on this but really haven't come across very much.

I've heard that transcend 150x is the fastest, but has everyone found this card to be reliable, without lockups?

I have a 128 mb kingston card that's just about had it, and was wondering what the best choice might be. thanks.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    1 GB is SOOOO last year! With a custom ROM one can now use 8 GB SDHC cards ($64 at newegg.com). But in answer to your question, I've used both Lexar 32x 1 GB and Transcend 150x 4 GB SD cards with zero problems. (The Transcend 8 GB SDHC card is on the way.)
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    It may be SOO last year in your view but as far as I'm concerned I don't need 8 gigs of memory! lol. I don't watch movies or store songs by the hundreds on my cards so a stable 1 gig card suits my purposes perfectly. I appreciate your response and will give the transcend card a look. Thanks.
    I strongly recommend the Sandisk "Ultra II SD Plus USB". It's fast and stable in my Treo and doesn't need a card-reader to access on any computer, since it folds in half to become a USB memory stick. $25 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009HTB0Y?...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I really appreciate the input guys.
    I actually went with an ULTRA 2GB 60X SD card at tigerdirect.com, which was on sale for $23.99. seemed like a decent deal, and was cheaper than the transcend 1 gb 80x card, which retailed for about $39.99 i think.

Speed and stability are key for me - I tend to use the treo camera quite a bit and I needed a card with snappier write speed.

does anyone have experience with ultra sd cards?
    Last edited by vw2002; 02/05/2007 at 06:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I will say though that sandisk ultra card with the usb unit built in sounds very good, vga4life. hmm. the only reason I went with the other ultra card was because of the 60x write speed and the fact that it was 2gb. do you think they are comparable, if we leave out the the usb capability?