1.    #1  
    So I know I can put Google maps on the SD card and run it form there (like many other apps).

Is there any way to make the cache it uses be on the SD Card? Even if it loaded and unloaded from RAM each time (like the app itself does), that would be fine.
    If you're using a third-party launcher like ZLauncher or LauncherX, you might be able to "bundle" the Google Maps app and the tile database file, then move both to the card using the launcher's card utility.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Yes, ZLauncher will do this, no fooling around, just move the app after using it, it'll move the database too.

Keep in mind it can be fairly slow to move as it can get rather large. And it will still need several megs of free ram as it has to copy it back into ram to execute.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Yes, ZLauncher will do this, no fooling around, just move the app after using it, it'll move the database too.

Keep in mind it can be fairly slow to move as it can get rather large. And it will still need several megs of free ram as it has to copy it back into ram to execute.
    I use LauncherX. Hmmm... the database did not move with it. However, I tried moving it on its own, and that did it. Now it runs off the SD card completely.

Thanks for the tips.