1.    #1  
    hey,

i want to buy a second hand tomtom 6 for treo from my friend but he has already used the activation code. Does tomtom allow you to change it to another phone?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    My understanding is that you can use the included activation code on two different units. You must wait at least 7 days before activating the second one. I've heard that you may be able to use it on a third unit after waiting for about 6 months. (If you need more, you basically need to contact TT and get their permission/ok. If you had to replace a device with another for a warranty issue, I've heard they're willing to do it but you need to show proof of the swap with documentation, etc.)
    I read somewhere in the licensing documentation that two "concurrent" installations are permitted. (I think only one will be the "official" TT unit for buying updates, etc.)
    I bought TT6 and have it installed on my wife's Treo 700P and on my 700Wx and both are working fine.

And, I did see your other thread, too. (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135391)