1.    #1  
    of the externa SD card. Hello, I am trying to get rid of some programs to free up some space. Now I have a program that uninstalls programs from the internal memory, but for the pograms that are I am running of the SD, Can you just remove the folder on your memory card and it will completely delete all the programs?
    Last edited by letmepokher; 02/04/2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Mispelled
    Probably depends somewhat on the uninstall app you're using. I would guess that they would all be able to manage the cleanest deinstall if you moved from card to handheld first, then deinstall from the handheld.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letmepokher View Post
    of the externa SD card. Hello, I am trying to get rid of some programs to free up some space. Now I have a program that uninstalls programs from the internal memory, but for the pograms that are I am running of the SD, Can you just remove the folder on your memory card and it will completely delete all the programs?
    Programs will vary. Some programs that are on the memory card may still generate files in the internal memory, so you may need to use some file manager (eg FileZ) to look through that as well. Some programs need to be disabled (then do a soft reset) before you can delete them. For some, even that is not enough --e.g. for some versions of Keyboard you need to download its own personalised deleter!

What is the Uninstall app youre using? The most popular one - UninstallManager - deletes from both RAM and the Card. It also can keep tabs on files generated by the app and delete them automatically when you delete the main app, ideally, irrespective of where they are.

However for UninstallManager to do this monitoring properly (for programs that you have had on the Card) the program must have initially been used to its full extent in RAM, ie the full set of daughter files must have been generated with the program in RAM. After it doesnt matter if you move the app to the Card, UIM will continue to monitor them anyway. And as the poster above says-- you should move any app on the card to RAM before using your uninstaller. Zlauncher does a great job of this.

thats the theory as I understand it!

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    And the nice thing is that UM is designed to work with ZL and the two together provide a great interactive service. Love those abbreviations. Ben