Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone tried any of those dual sim adapters on the T680?
    I was using one with the old 650, and it worked like a charm. But on the T680 it keep saying "check your sim card" :-(
    Any experience with those little adapters?
    Which one worked for you on the 650? I tried something like four different adapters on the 650 and never got one of them to work. I only tried one of the four on the 680 and got the same results as you. I'd love to have both my UK and US SIM in the phone so if anyone has an adapter that works I too are all ears. Thx.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Which one worked for you on the 650? I tried something like four different adapters on the 650 and never got one of them to work. I only tried one of the four on the 680 and got the same results as you. I'd love to have both my UK and US SIM in the phone so if anyone has an adapter that works I too are all ears. Thx.
    I got it from ebay. Was labeled "elephone" 8th gen two sim card...
    It was a "cutting" 2 sim type (I had to cut the two sims ...)
    Worded through the SIM menu with no problem...
    If you want, I can sell it to you, since it does not work anymore for me...
    I use a MagicSim 4 in 1 and it works on the Treo 680.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I use the Sim Max 12 in 1 chip. I use 5 chips from 4 different countries. Works great and you just choose different numbers by going to the sim services applet. I then keep my original chip in a regular phone when I need the smaller form factor and I don't have to carry around multiple chips when I travel.

I paid US$12 for the chip/USB reader/software on my last trip to Hong Kong. I've seen it for more around the internet.
    http://www.sim-max.biz/store/view_do...46cc8b03956859
    I looked at the MagicSim site and can't make heads or tails from it. Not only does it not have any pricing or any way to order one, but I can't figure out what the hell I'd do with it once I got it. The instructions are some combination of English, Chinese, and some third language that seems to have been coined by a stand-up comic. I'd love to combine two or three of my SIM cards into one, but I'm afraid I would either waste my money on something that I couldn't get to work, or, worse, destroy my own cards. Anyone with more optimistic information?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I use the Sim Max 12 in 1 chip. I use 5 chips from 4 different countries. Works great and you just choose different numbers by going to the sim services applet. I then keep my original chip in a regular phone when I need the smaller form factor and I don't have to carry around multiple chips when I travel.

I paid US$12 for the chip/USB reader/software on my last trip to Hong Kong. I've seen it for more around the internet.
    The instructions talk about an "STK" function. But I don't have any obvious STK function on my 680. What would that be? And what is the sim services applet? I have never seen that with my SIM card. Is that something that comes with the new multi SIM card?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    The instructions talk about an "STK" function. But I don't have any obvious STK function on my 680. What would that be? And what is the sim services applet? I have never seen that with my SIM card. Is that something that comes with the new multi SIM card?
    STK is the Sim ToolKit that allows providers to customize the sim menu. On the treo, you usually access it through the Sim Service program. It's very common in Europe...
    It's built into every 680 in the ROM. Look down your list of programs under "S" listed after Security and Sim book........

If you have the card in you just choose "sim services" then the first option is to "change numbers" where you choose whatever number you want. It then turns the phone function off and on and boom. New phone number....

Oh yes, and when the phone reboots, I don't have to reset network to t-zones, for some reason it keeps t-zones selected.
    I see it now. I never used it because in fact it does not work with TMO. It just gives you a message that either your SIM card is unreadable or you have no SIM services, which is what TMO gives you. But I guess if I was able to fathom the setup for this multi SIM card I would ahve the services. It looks VERY complicated, and I am not a techno-newbie, it's just that I'm not in a stage in my life where I want to learn new things. Can anybody tell me whether (1) it's all that tough to figure out and (2) which of the two companies might be better. One of them had a chart on their website showing how they had things the other didn't. What I'm most concerned with is the format of the card. Apparently there are at least two kinds and if I have the wrong kind, or if the kind changes (I'm with TMO), then I might be out of luck.
    It's actually quite easy although you'd never know that from reading the instructions. Chinese engineers writing instructions that gets translated to English is just a BAD combination of things.

Can't speak to the other card brand since this is what everyone was selling in Hong Kong. It pretty much works with virtually all the cards out there so don't worry about it. Definitely works with T-mo since I'm already using it.

If you don't need such a thing I'm not sure I'd bother with it myself but in my case it's very convenient and CHEAP. A few of my friends have 5 or 6 chips so in our case, it's very convenient.
  12. emc
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post

I am also playing with such things (I am locating in HK so I can eaisly reach all these sources to buy one)

My problem is, the original sim card mostly is so called V2 type which such reader cannot "crack" it due to the security code is too stong in M2. Finally, the orginal sim card was damaged during the sim-max card reader reading it.

Just for information to other member to check if your's mobile provider giving you what kind of a sim in order to success using thi sim-max product.

Generally, the sim-max is excellent product that you can have 1 single sim card and burn different phone numbers into it.

I'll now go to the sim-max page to check if the have magic to "crack" new generation sim card.

Thanks
    edmond
  13. emc
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I looked at the MagicSim site and can't make heads or tails from it. Not only does it not have any pricing or any way to order one, but I can't figure out what the hell I'd do with it once I got it. The instructions are some combination of English, Chinese, and some third language that seems to have been coined by a stand-up comic. I'd love to combine two or three of my SIM cards into one, but I'm afraid I would either waste my money on something that I couldn't get to work, or, worse, destroy my own cards. Anyone with more optimistic information?

See if I can help you with these...............

You will get:

- A plastic sim card reader hardware, it has a USB connection ends like any of the card reader.

- A blank sim card. This sim card is a normal size as any other sim card, it's blank inside. You will use it to this blank sim card to "IMPORT" your other phone number into it.

- This blank sim card has several types, so called, 6 in 1, 8 in 1 or 12 in 1. IN other words, 6 in 1 is, this blank sim card can hole up to 6 diferent phone number into it. Normally, 6 in 1 is out of date and people would normally buy 12 in 1 although this is crazy for some people who has 12 different mobile numbers but who care (e.g. when they sell you 6 in 1 for $40 and 12 in 1 for $50....you know)

- Firstly, you use you original sime card insert into the plastic USB, then, plug this plastic USB into the computer. (I forgot you need to downlod the software form sim-max in ordee to recongize this plastic USB and do the following job)

- After plugged in, click to software, the software would pops up like any other window software does. There's a button clled "SCAN" hit it and sit and wait.

- After the reading your original card is finished (I think it take from 3 minutes to 30minutes depending on how heavy security to your oginal sime card) You choose, "SAVE" (use the name of your original sime card mobile phone number is suggested)

- Pull out the original sim card and leave the plastic USB plugged. Insert the blank sime card, choose ADD NUMBER. you will see the mobile number you just saved. Choose that and it will do the "IMPORT" job using the saved file of your orginal sime card and imported to the blank sim.

- It wil have chance to damaged the original card during reading. Chances is, you pay for this sim-max $50 approx., original sim card damaged (your provider does not charge you to get a new sim) you get nothing from it. Or, you can succeed to burn few numbers into 1 sim card.

- Which means, all go by luck.
  14. emc
    Quote Originally Posted by emc View Post
    See if I can help you with these...............

You will get:

- A plastic sim card reader hardware, it has a USB connection ends like any of the card reader.

- A blank sim card. This sim card is a normal size as any other sim card, it's blank inside. You will use it to this blank sim card to "IMPORT" your other phone number into it.

- This blank sim card has several types, so called, 6 in 1, 8 in 1 or 12 in 1. IN other words, 6 in 1 is, this blank sim card can hole up to 6 diferent phone number into it. Normally, 6 in 1 is out of date and people would normally buy 12 in 1 although this is crazy for some people who has 12 different mobile numbers but who care (e.g. when they sell you 6 in 1 for $40 and 12 in 1 for $50....you know)

- Firstly, you use you original sime card insert into the plastic USB, then, plug this plastic USB into the computer. (I forgot you need to downlod the software form sim-max in ordee to recongize this plastic USB and do the following job)

- After plugged in, click to software, the software would pops up like any other window software does. There's a button clled "SCAN" hit it and sit and wait.

- After the reading your original card is finished (I think it take from 3 minutes to 30minutes depending on how heavy security to your oginal sime card) You choose, "SAVE" (use the name of your original sime card mobile phone number is suggested)

- Pull out the original sim card and leave the plastic USB plugged. Insert the blank sime card, choose ADD NUMBER. you will see the mobile number you just saved. Choose that and it will do the "IMPORT" job using the saved file of your orginal sime card and imported to the blank sim.

- It wil have chance to damaged the original card during reading. Chances is, you pay for this sim-max $50 approx., original sim card damaged (your provider does not charge you to get a new sim) you get nothing from it. Or, you can succeed to burn few numbers into 1 sim card.

- Which means, all go by luck.
    If you look at the web page of sim-max, you will see they mentioned "98%" of worldwide sim card can be read.

It's fair from sim max as really some new generation sim card is not able to be read by this sim-max reader due to the build in security inside the sim card is just too sophiticate.

My experience, I have about 4 different mobile providers (4 different mobile numbe, 4 sim cards) I can make 3 out of them succeed to be read burn into the simmax blank sim card. Unfortunately, 1 of them were not succeed and even damaged!!!!! Glad the provider change that damaged sim card for me with no charge. Well,,,, what's benefit? Now I have 1 simax + 1 sim that not be able read to carry with me............other tha 4 sim cards I need to carry.

edmond
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried "Super Sim"?
    Correction for MagicSim - it is causing occasional soft reset loops in my Treo 680 and the crash log shows "Carrier Config Manager" errors.
    Reverting back to the original Sim card and resets are fine
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    Has anyone tried "Super Sim"?
    I'd be interested how the Super Sim works in a Treo 680 as well... It is quite a bit cheaper than MaxSim. If anyone tried it please let me know.
    Pardon a dumb question, but can you use two sim cards from the same provider? I have a work Cingular phone and a personal Cingular phone.
    Yes, but only one at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulishor View Post
    I'd be interested how the Super Sim works in a Treo 680 as well... It is quite a bit cheaper than MaxSim. If anyone tried it please let me know.
    Funny thing is I also have the super sim 16 in 1 card that works the same way. I think it's the same company because functionally it's the same and same software works on both the sim max and super sim.

Also purchased for US$12 including USB reader and software.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast