Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emc View Post
    . ...

- Firstly, you use you original sime card insert into the plastic USB, then, plug this plastic USB into the computer. (I forgot you need to downlod the software form sim-max in ordee to recongize this plastic USB and do the following job)

- After plugged in, click to software, the software would pops up like any other window software does. There's a button clled "SCAN" hit it and sit and wait.
    ... .
    I can't figure out which software to use. I received the CD and there are at least three different scanner apps: Sim Scanner, Sim Scanner 5.16, and Sim Scanner 6.3

There is no indication which one to use. Any help? It seems they are also named Platinum, Bird (the card I got has a bird on it, but that's not a huge hlelp), and something else I can't figure out.

Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I can't figure out which software to use. I received the CD and there are at least three different scanner apps: Sim Scanner, Sim Scanner 5.16, and Sim Scanner 6.3

There is no indication which one to use. Any help? It seems they are also named Platinum, Bird (the card I got has a bird on it, but that's not a huge hlelp), and something else I can't figure out.

Help!
    Well, I'm in the same boat. I just got a SIM-MAX and I think I already burnt two European Orange cards. I got an ATR but it was never able to get the KI. Now if I try to scan them again I get a "Card is probably blocked!" error. However, when I put the card in my phone it doesn't say it's blocked but it doesn't lock onto the network either.

I also have a Cingular prepaid 3G 64k card that I'd like to clone but I have serious doubts I'll be able to. Has anyone else done this with a Cingular card?

Right now I'm 0 for 3 (I'm currenly running it on a Canadian SIM - A38 count is almost 25000 and nothing!)... is there a point in trying or is this a myth? They were claiming that this works on 98% of the world's cards.

Any help is appreciated (before I block all my SIMs)
    I have been trying to copy a Fido card. I got up to 64000 whatever, and it gave me what appears to be a pretty common error: "Finding more than 4 bytes of Ki by Brute Force is
    useless'." I am doing it again now with "Strong KI," and I expect it to go past the 64000 limit, but if it goes by 128000 I guess I'll hang up my spurs. It will certainly go past 20000, though, so you should continue until at least the A38 limit is reached. I don't know if my card is still workable--I certainly hope so. I heard that the prepaid cards tend to fail, but I kind of assumed that my normal Fido card would not. Who knows. I'll post the results in a few hours.
    I emailed the super sim supplier via ebay. They said that the sim cannot clone the newer ones like 128k sims.

as per email

"Thank you for your interest in our super sim. It can clone all the data from your original sim card including pin code. It supports V1 32k and 64k GSM sim card. It can contain 16 different sim card content. You may change your current phone number operation to another by the selection list. It can clone the ki and IMSI code. After cloning, you can use the 16in1 sim as your original sim card. But please do not use the same phone number at the same time in two mobile phone.

This sim card cannot support the latest version sim which published after 1 March 2005. Since the sim had been highly protected by sceret code. You can get this information from your network supplier.

If you use the same phone number in two mobile phone at the same time, your service application supplier will detect that and suppose your sim had been stolen and will block your number. "
    My cards are not 128k, the Fido one is 32k and my Cingular is 64k (the Orange I'm not sure, it doesn't say on them but they were purchased in the summer of 2005)

I'm still working on my Fido SIM, I have a feeling I'll be going to the Fido store to get it replaced so I'm hoping that whatever happens will happen before 9pm.
    I don't know what kind my Fido card is nor how I would find out. As I posted above, I went up to 64000 and it gave me that error message, although it was discovering the number as far as I could see. I am now on the "strong Ki" method and at about 30000, I still haven't even one digit. I have a feeling this is going to be a failure. C'est la vie. I'll just have to keep switching SIM cards....
    Well there is always the other type of SIM adapter that works with two cards but you actually have to cut the original SIMs. Can anyone confirm that is working on a 680?
    Ouch. That one makes me nervous. Plus I was really planning on putting a third on. I feel really disappointed.
  9.    #29  
    The problem with the SIM-MAX (and similar) approach is that they can only clone old SIM card. There are two version of the security mecanism implemented in the SIM. Both relies on the KI secret key. The algorithm is called comp128. V1 is crackable, but v2 is not.
    Just google for comp128V2.
    It seems that some provider can still usa V1 card (cingular). But most of them switched to v2 sims more than 5 year ago!
    On my unlocked 680 with a 3G capable T-Mob (UK) SIM inserted I have the option in the Sim Services menu to use Multi SIM. God knows what it is but when I clicked activate it sent a message to the network.

Surely there's no way the dual adapters could work with the 680 due to the draw that the SIM goes in?
    12 in 1 question :

- Any news on whether users are able to get this to work?
    - I currently have a Tmobile (US), Vodafone prepaid (german), Orange prepaid(Israel)

I am sure others are in the same boat as me - would like to get some conclusion to this

ps: danktuft - from what I can tell you are right, there is no way to get a dual sim card "ribbon" adapter to work in the slot of the 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinadvl View Post
    12 in 1 question :

- Any news on whether users are able to get this to work?
    - I currently have a Tmobile (US), Vodafone prepaid (german), Orange prepaid(Israel)

I am sure others are in the same boat as me - would like to get some conclusion to this

ps: danktuft - from what I can tell you are right, there is no way to get a dual sim card "ribbon" adapter to work in the slot of the 680.
    Which is annoying as I'm sure you could fit one in with one of those extended humpback battery cases. Is the problem with the 12-in-1 solution simply that the encryption on modern cards is too heavy to crack? How much time are we looking at to brute force crack them? Will the software do this or does it timeout?
    Last edited by danktuft; 06/18/2007 at 08:44 AM.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by danktuft View Post
    Which is annoying as I'm sure you could fit one in with one of those extended humpback battery cases. Is the problem with the 12-in-1 solution simply that the encryption on modern cards is too heavy to crack? How much time are we looking at to brute force crack them? Will the software do this or does it timeout?
    Brute force won't work. You have to test up to 2^32 keys, with a rate of a few keys per second...
    Forget to find it...
    Quote Originally Posted by emc View Post
    I am also playing with such things (I am locating in HK so I can eaisly reach all these sources to buy one)

My problem is, the original sim card mostly is so called V2 type which such reader cannot "crack" it due to the security code is too stong in M2. Finally, the orginal sim card was damaged during the sim-max card reader reading it.

Just for information to other member to check if your's mobile provider giving you what kind of a sim in order to success using thi sim-max product.

Generally, the sim-max is excellent product that you can have 1 single sim card and burn different phone numbers into it.

I'll now go to the sim-max page to check if the have magic to "crack" new generation sim card.

Thanks
    edmond
    Edmond, or anyone who lives in Hong Kong - where can I buy the Sim-Max product in the city - at the Wanchai computer mall? Which store specifically?

Many thanks indeed for any advice,

T
    So, does anyone know if the tefal-heads at Sim Max are working on a way to copy v2 cards? I can't see how it will be done myself.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I bought a Simore Silver 1 (http://www.simore.ch/) because they guaranteed it to work with the Treo 680. This is a Sim card that requires you to cut the original Sim Cards, so I bought a cheap Sim cutter from another site. I was not sure if this was going to work and I was particularly nervous about cutting the Sim cards.

It all worked. The Simore Sim has it's own menu and the card is a tight fit into the Treo 680 but it fits. I just created a quick key to streamline the switching process. It takes about a minute and a half to switch from one carrier to the next (ATT and T-Mobile).

If your phone is not on their "approved list" you have to email them and ask them to verify whether or not it will work. Cheers.
    =============================
    680 Graphite Unlocked on Cingular & T-Mobile via Simore Dual Sim Card
    I'm liking the end result of your solution foulou but I have to say that steel cojones will required to cut up not just my personal SIM but also that of my employers as well. I'm sorely tempted. Does it really take around 90 seconds to switch in your case, the videos on the site make it look like it's a lot quicker.

Thinking out loud here, are there any methods of finding out if you've received a voicemail or text message on the inactive SIM?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danktuft View Post
    I'm liking the end result of your solution foulou but I have to say that steel cojones will required to cut up not just my personal SIM but also that of my employers as well. I'm sorely tempted. Does it really take around 90 seconds to switch in your case, the videos on the site make it look like it's a lot quicker.

Thinking out loud here, are there any methods of finding out if you've received a voicemail or text message on the inactive SIM?

Danktuft,

I just timed the switch and it took 1 minute and 23 seconds. I am in an area with good reception to both networks and a minute and a half is about avg in other areas.

Since the Treo 680 can only be connected to one network at a time (It only has one radio) there is no way to tell that you have voicemails or text messages on another network unless you are connected to that network. You can forward all calls from one network to the other and just use one network and that would solve your voicemail problems, unless they just have to remain seperate then there is no solution. I'm not sure how to get around the text messaging problem.
    =============================
    680 Graphite Unlocked on Cingular & T-Mobile via Simore Dual Sim Card
    I'm wondering if there's some sort of service that could monitor your numbers and let you know by email that a text or VM has arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenosce View Post
    Edmond, or anyone who lives in Hong Kong - where can I buy the Sim-Max product in the city - at the Wanchai computer mall? Which store specifically?

Many thanks indeed for any advice,

T
    It's available in the 298 Mall on Hennessey Road. Try the upper floors, it's really cheap on the top floor.

Some of the new sim's cannot be cracked so they can't be copied. Then the only option is the sim cutting method mentioned. I'm not that brave yet so I carry a second phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast