1.    #1  
    After upgrading to Butler 4.0, I've lost the Remote Lock functionality. The setting page is changed and I'm not sure if I've made the right configurations.

I've ticked the boxes "Enable remote lock", "Lock when phone connection turned off." and set the Trigger already. But when I send SMS with the trigger words to myself, nothing happens...

Is there anybody who can help me out...?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    You should be able to get help at Rob's forum over at MTDN. http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Rob revised the way remote commands work. Send a SMS with one of the commands that show on the bottom of the remote lock setup screen in Butlet 4. The command can be anywhere in the message and is not case sensitive.

To lock the device your message would contain butlerlock:trigger

Make sure you are in test mode or have good backups if you try the other commands.

Bill
    Last edited by wmillea; 02/04/2007 at 08:29 AM.
  4.    #4  
    wmillea: Thanks! The way I configured in 3.x, was to use just the trigger to lock the device --> To lock the device without the need to enter "butlerlock" in front of the trigger.

But it seems not possible in 4.0
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Glad I could help. The old method would only work if you sent an SMS from an other phone. Any kind of subject or header info that came up in front of the trigger would block the process.

The new method allows to get the nearest computer, phone or other device where you can send a text message to your Treo. You also have the option of wiping your data.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea View Post
    Glad I could help. The old method would only work if you sent an SMS from an other phone. Any kind of subject or header info that came up in front of the trigger would block the process.

The new method allows to get the nearest computer, phone or other device where you can send a text message to your Treo. You also have the option of wiping your data.

Bill
    Gee, I asked for that about a year ago. He blew me off then.

Seems to work, however.. Just noticed that Cingular removed their SMS center, I wonder if it was being abused or something. echo "butlerlock:trigger" | mail me@cingularme.com works, I usually have access to a shell.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 02/04/2007 at 12:00 PM.