1.    #1  
    Hi Members,

I use outlook and have my Treo linked to my pop3 mail server.

I have set up Outlook to automatically delete my spam at the office and home…..anytime I receive spam, I add it to my junk mail list and from then on it gets deleted without ever seeing it.

The issue is…..if I open my mail on the Treo before I open Outlook at home or the office……I get loads of spam….all the stuff that I still receive but never see at the office and home comes up on the Treo. Does anyone know of a filter…..or a way to correct this problem?

Thanks,

Stretch
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    need more info. email client?

push pull manual timed sync?

sounds like you are just filtering this via the client app. hence the server keeps all email new. when treo connects it isn't filtered. only filtered on the local machine.

pop imap?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    What he is looking for is a filter application on the email server. If your Treo is set to get anything from your mailbox, it will get all inclusive of the spam.

If you are not in a position to put changes on your email server, can you leave your Outlook always on and let it's standard filtering take place?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I thought was what I said. sort of. Outlook won't sort the mail on the server though.

I use gmail and it sorts spam on the server so if I use my treo or PC/Mac the mail is filtered.

Voices in my head gotta go.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    e2chris, I apologize. You did state that the OP was using the client based filtering, however, there are server type filtering levels as well, one of those devices are the Barracuda firewall/spam filters that can help in managing email spams from getting to the email servers.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    need more info. email client?

push pull manual timed sync?

sounds like you are just filtering this via the client app. hence the server keeps all email new. when treo connects it isn't filtered. only filtered on the local machine.

pop imap?
    The incoming is a Pop3...........Outgoing is SMTP
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    What he is looking for is a filter application on the email server. If your Treo is set to get anything from your mailbox, it will get all inclusive of the spam.

If you are not in a position to put changes on your email server, can you leave your Outlook always on and let it's standard filtering take place?
    I'm not sure I understand.....if I leave Outlook always on, how does that filter the mail if I still pull it off the server from my phone?