1.    #1  
    I did something stupid. I wanted to import all my contacts from my 700p into my PC's Outlook 2003 and I didn't want to deal with duplications. So I deleted all my Outlook contacts first...then I performed a hotsync. This did not import my contacts from my 700p...it deleted it! No contacts exist in my Outlook either. Is it still possible to recover the contacts on my 700p and/or Outlook?

Thanks!
    Did you back up either Treo (to SD card) or Outlook first?
    If not search for your Treo user name on your computer. Hopefully it will have a Backup folder in that folder. Depednign on how you configure your hotsync it usually makes a backup. Duplicate that folder and move the copy elsewhere as a backup. You could set hot sync to restore or do a hard reset on Treo and have it all re-installed.
    ASAIK... Only if you have a backup of either your PC or your Palm
    The backup folder inside your username, will be the current data. There is an archive folder that might have the contacts data "archived" before the deletion.
  5.    #5  
    I checked my PC. I see backup and archive folders and a bunch of files inside the folders. Which files will I need and how do I put these files into my Treo?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by AlpineMan; 02/03/2007 at 03:46 PM.
    You could try copying all of the files in your Archive folder that START with address to your phone using a card reader and a program like Filez. This is probably a long shot, but at this point you've nothing to lose.

Hopefully you only hot synced once and they are still in the archive. Assuming they ever were to begin with.
    When was your last back up of your PC? -- if recent, your contacts should be in that back up. . . . . if this archive folder process does not work out. . . . .
    I think it used to be that the archive folder only contained stuff you deleted from the PDA (using the PDA to delete). Don't know if it's still that way.
  9.    #9  
    I looked at the archive and backup folders...no backups of my contacts there. Damn.

I did an experiment...went ahead and created a few new contacts in Outlook and hotsync'd. Did a few hotsyncs and I didn't see any backups made in either backup or archive folders for the contacts. I thought when hotsyncing, the contacts are backed up automatically?
    check contacts or address folders - don't recall which. you should see a new file or two for your new entries (a .dat file and another one).