1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

Apologies for a question that certainly has been answered already more than once somewhere here ... I am currently considering upgrading my 650 to a 680.

A feature in favour of an upgrade would be if the 680 was able to pair with two Bluetooth devices at the same time (I never tried with the 650, but I read it won't) - would it pair with my TomTom GPS mouse and, say, a BT handsfree set and connect with both in parallel ?

Has anybody ever tried to pair the 680 with a BT-enabled car stereo like the Sony MEX-BT5000 or a comparable product ?

Many thanks, Jurgen
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    i believe i read somewhere that 680 can do just that, but i am not completely sure. Try reading the palm website.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i have transferred .prc files to my 680 from my computer via bluetooth while it was also connected to my bluetooth headset (though not on an active call)...
    I connect my 680 to a Motorola HF850 and also a bluetooth GPS receiver while in my truck. The 680 will connect to both, but if a call comes in, the 680 switches to the phone app and my navigator program closes. When I go back in to the navigator, i have to reconnect. So basically, yes and no. The 680 will pair with two devices as long as one is idle. Hopefully this helps.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    It took me FOREVER to get my Cardo Scala 500 to pair up for some reason (I'll have to look into this more.... I hadn't used it in a while) but I was able to use the headset and my bluetooth GPS at the same time.

What I did was (insert lots of screwing around here, then..) paired the headset until I got the little headset icon, dialed 611 to get something to listen to, then launched GeoNiche and connected to my Holux 236. It got a fix on GPS and the headset continued to work.

One would need to try using the GPS (or whatever) and seeing that they can still receive calls, but it seems to work initially. The 650 could not do this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    I connect my 680 to a Motorola HF850 and also a bluetooth GPS receiver while in my truck. The 680 will connect to both, but if a call comes in, the 680 switches to the phone app and my navigator program closes. When I go back in to the navigator, i have to reconnect. So basically, yes and no. The 680 will pair with two devices as long as one is idle. Hopefully this helps.
    This is misinformation.. You could go back to Navigator and both would work. It has nothing to do with being idle, it's simply as you say; when a call comes in the Phone application is launched.

Just to make sure, I'll try it.. Just did, and yes, it launches the Phone app. Go back to Navigator (tedious, slow, but..) and it's fine. It would be nice if the phone app had a preference "Do not launch Phone application when Treo is in use" or something.
    Cool thanks for the info. I hadn't ever tried to go back into navigator while on a call(didn't want to disconnect). I appreciate the help.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310