Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just bought a Treo 650 and I am in love with this thing. I sold my old phone, my Ipod, and threw away my notebook planner in anticipation for my precious. So far it literally has changed my life in the few days I've had it so far.

Everything is going great except for the audio from the head phones. So I gave in and bought a set of 2.5 MM head phones. I've thrown a bunch of MP3's on my new phone and I was dying to start listening to them until I find out that I only get sound output from my right ear bud.

I went ahead and tested out the same pair of headphones I purchased on my buddies brand new 680, and they work beautifully on his. Full stereo output, both left and right.

I've heard several issues with the 650 audio jack. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

If not, I'm calling Cingular tomorrow and getting a new one shipped in.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    -correction-

The headphones only work on my friends 680 when play with the jack a little. We have to pull it out just a tiny bit in order to hear full stereo. If we plug it in all the way, just like on my 650, all we hear is mono sound coming from the right ear bud.
    How many metal parts on the 2.5mm connector itself? These are seperated by black rings.
    Actually,, how many black rings are there on your headphones connector?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
    How many metal parts on the 2.5mm connector itself? These are seperated by black rings.
    Actually,, how many black rings are there on your headphones connector?
    There are 3 black rings.
    OK, I have not personally used a hybrid stereo headset/mic that I believe you are using(3 black rings) but I have used 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptors(2 black rings).
    With these adaptors you can plug in regular stereo headphones but no mic. If the headset has a mic then you only get mono.
    If you have stereo headphones and you receive a call, it will ring through the headphones and you can answer it but they will be unable to hear you until you unplug the headphones.

I use my adaptor in my vehicles with an fm transmitter.. Works GREAT!! note:if you have voicedial from voice signal, you need to delete the voicdial68K file in order to use fm transmitter. If not, voicedial will go into a loop.