Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried dialing *2 and it didn't trigger a PRL update. Can I force a PRL update? If so, how?

I'm thinking perhaps this geographically related. Sprint determines location of phone, and if needed only sends out the PRL accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Perry, thanks for the quick reply!

I have PRL Rev: 20221 (Sprint 700P)
    You're behind; the latest is 20225. (Sprint 700p)

Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad
    so is there a 20226 prl out there?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Interesting. My OTA prl updates always just seem to "happen", I have never had to call Customer Service (that's *2, right?) and request it. . . .
    Mine has only "happened" once like that. Other than that, if I'm calling *2 for something else, before a rep gets on the line, I get the message that there is an update available for my phone.

Once update is complete, call continues on like nothing happened.
    Last edited by scandalex; 02/07/2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: I'm a woman that had more to say!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I did the PRL update last night by dialing *2, this PRL updated looked different than previous ones. When I say look different I mean looking at my Treos screen the update had a different look to it than previous PRL updates. I don't know what it did, but I did it anyway
    It's called change!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I called Sprint via *2 and requested for Treo Support. I told the person I spoke with that I need a PRL update. He flagged my account for the update. I thought to myself, why not also request for my MSL code since the guy seemed nice...so I got that, too. Less than a 2 minute call. I hung up, and redialed *2. I heard the usual recording, then I heard "There's an update available...blah, blah, blah..." and I accepted the update. After it was completed, hung up and my PRL is now 20225. Pretty painless. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by AlpineMan; 02/07/2007 at 11:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Perry,

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Interesting. My OTA prl updates always just seem to "happen", I have never had to call Customer Service (that's *2, right?) and request it. . . .
    Sprint just likes you better than the rest of us plebians.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Scandalex:

Thanks. I figured Jimmie would have already been up to date with 20225. Guess I was wrong.
    I just got PRL 20225. It does make a difference, I noticed a big change when I moved from the PRL the phone came with to the first update I got. Not much with the ones since -- but a lot of the lagging and slowness went away as I think my connectivity got better on the EVDO side.
    I ave 20224 and Sprint just keeps me on hold....
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    PRL: 20226 available.

Took two days to get a reply e-mail from Sprint for the update.

ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com
    Just called *2 and was told an update was available. Received it and now have the new PRL 20226.
    Me, too...just called *2 to request for it...took less than 2 minutes to get a live person flag my accounts for download. When you call *2, ask for support, then choose Treo support.
    I just started using my treo again after about 8 months of not really using it too much except for emailing. I did the ##786# code and it says my PRL is 10037. I called sprint and got the recording ("Your phone needs an update and is updating now, hold on..." I hung up and did the ##786# code and it still says I am at 10037...

Anyone know whatt I should do??
    btw, I have a treo 650 (sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    I just started using my treo again after about 8 months of not really using it too much except for emailing. I did the ##786# code and it says my PRL is 10037. I called sprint and got the recording ("Your phone needs an update and is updating now, hold on..." I hung up and did the ##786# code and it still says I am at 10037...

Anyone know whatt I should do??
    Once your account has been flagged, wait about 2 seconds, then call back - not the ##786# you dialed. *2 will do.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12