1.    #1  
    just got my 680 in an hour ago, while on a call (this has happened twice) I've gotten a "check sim" error.. loosing my call obviously.

Anyone else have this problem with their 680? any fixes or am I bound to using some scotch tape ?
  2.    #2  
    I've also noticed that when my phone does go "out of service" (red LED flashes) it just wont come back, I'll have to turn the radio off then back on in order to get service. My 650 would find service once again by itself.

What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Love84 View Post
    I've also noticed that when my phone does go "out of service" (red LED flashes) it just wont come back, I'll have to turn the radio off then back on in order to get service. My 650 would find service once again by itself.

What's up with that?
    Hmmmm, that's weird! My unlocked 680 on TMO finds service again by itself every time. I'm wondering if your problem might be a SIM defect, a service provider defect, or a defective phone?
  4.    #4  
    not sure, wish there was some way to narrow it down. I havnt dropped service though since i've posted this.
  5.    #5  
    wow, I dont know what's going on with this thing.

It seems like every call I make I all of a sudden DROP service, then have to hold down the radio button, turn the phone off then back on to get service.

Now the phone froze while trying to make a call, causing me to have to reset the phone (battery pull).

Maybe my switch from the 650 was just dumb.
    my wife had exactly the same problem: unlocked 680 fr palm, t-mo sim dat constantly displays check sim card after being out of coverage area. she had to manually turn off the phone and turn it back on to regain coverage. it got worse when calls get dropped within first 5 seconds of making or receiving them.

the problem was solved after doing a hard reset and getting a new sim from tmobile.

did a hotsync to replace data for doing hard reset. the unit has since been problem free. unit now regains signal after being out of coverage area instantly and doesn't drop calls nor display check sim msg anymore.

we were ready to give up on the unit and try to get a replacement from palm... I suggest trying to get a new sim from your provider before trying to get a replacement from palm.
    With the problems you have posted in another thread, I think you may have a bad device. I did have the dropped call problem, usually within 30 seconds of making a call. I went to Cingular and had them switch my SIM (I got it from Amazon) and it hasn't had that problem anymore. I do occasionally get the freezes, but it's rare.