1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 600 and everything seems to work fine on the phone except that the person I'm talking to can't hear me. Texting, making and receiving calls, and all of the palm features are good so far. The phone ins't muted as far as I can tell. The only place I see where you can mute the phone is on the touch screen during the call. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried using the microphone to record a sound clip with a program like 'soundrec' or something?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hi! I am having the same issue with my 650. Did you ever find a solution? (HELP!)
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Sounds like the mic, mine went a while back. I was able to find a replacement on ebay. Easily installed. Not lots of $, so it is worth a shot. Unless you can test it to be sure. There is a simple friction contact from mic to board. The prongs from the mic may not be contacting board. My antenna developed a similar problem. I suppose it could also be a problem specific to the board. I'd exhaust and software possibilities 1st. Then look at the contacts and the mic itself. If it is the board, the Treo 680 looks nice.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    PS. Awesome quote Gungho!
  6.    #6  
    I actually returned the phone and received a different one which worked fine. It was the mic that was bad.