1.    #1  
    As a well-established paranoid Treo protector, I was wondering if anyone had tested a wide variety of screen protectors and come to a conclusion as to which one(s) offered the best scratch-protection?

Any recommendations appreciated.
    Are you asking which one protects your screen (all of them), but at the same time doesn't scratch itself?
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #3  
    I hadn't thought of that, but it would be good to know.

I was asking which best protected the screen from scratches, but if the screen protector was too scratched up, it would be annoying as well.

I've noticed quite a few scratches already on my BoxWave Armor case, and while the Treo screen is perfectly protected, having to look through the scratches on the Armor case screen is getting worse.
    This is like the age old question in software testing... "Why aren't you logging bugs?" "Where are the bugs, and we'll log them."

What are you doing that scratches up your screen? Tossing it in your pocket with keys? Playing lots of games where you rub the stylus back and forth..?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rener View Post
    As a well-established paranoid Treo protector, I was wondering if anyone had tested a wide variety of screen protectors and come to a conclusion as to which one(s) offered the best scratch-protection?

Any recommendations appreciated.
    I have been using Seidio screen protector for a few weeks, and it seems very tough. No scratches so far.
  6.    #6  
    In pocket, yes. Jeans or dockers.

However, no keys, no anything else in the same pocket. Just the Treo, just in the Armor case.

No stylus either, and no games. Almost exclusively 5-way.

And besides, with the boxwave Armor, the plastic screen isn't touch anyway, so no stylus or anything similar would work on it.

This is what it looks like, and I can't figure out why it scratches...

http://www.boxwave.com/products/armo...o-680_2433.htm
    650 here, been using the same Boxwave anti-glare for almost two years. I keep it otherwise naked in my jeans pocket by itself. No scratches at all.
    Using a Javoedge anti-glare, which I think is more or less the same as the Boxwave one. It's perfect.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I can vouch for the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystals since I have used them. They are pretty much bullet proof. I have not used the Martin Fields which also have a good rep (don't know about scratch resistance though).
    Sure it's not just smears? I have a Javo clear and it has oily smears awful. I have to clean it constantly or it looks awful. But it's no worse than without the protector itself. Worse than my old screen protector, but that one was so unclear I probably couldn't even notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I have not used the Martin Fields which also have a good rep (don't know about scratch resistance though).
    I've tried Boxwave crystal and am currently using Martin Fields. The current one has been on my Treo since July '05, no scratches on it.
    They both have the same clarity, but I've found the Martin Fields to have better sensitivity and the edges lay down better.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    I can't speak to Martin Fields, either, but I've been using a Boxwave anti-glare screen protector since December and it's been flawless. No scratches, lays perflectly. And by the way, I've used my stylus a lot (I think it's fun to use MobileWrite instead of typing at times). If the screen protector gets a little smudgy, I just use the polishing cloth that came with it and it's perfect again.
    If you want the best scratch protection then the InvisibleSHEILD is what you want. Be sure to check out the demo videos.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    which one doesnt let other people look at your screen

you knwo where they cant see it at an angle
    I can recommend Maritn Fields... on my NX70... it's a beauty... BUT for my Treo i've been buying the boxwave CRYSTAL screen protector... and love it...

AND yes, I PLAY no games and use the 5-way... and that SCREEN protector last a very very long time...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    The funny thing is.... I think the OP is talking about protecting the plastic screen on his hard case, not the Palm screen itself... I might be wrong, but that's how I'm reading it.

In that case, they'd have to get one of the sticky type of protectors. I tried to put one on my Innopocket and never could it to look right for some reason.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i love using Exim SPUC. their smooth plastic film and when you write on the screen with your stylus, it just glides. check ebay for Exim SPUC. best japanese screen protectors made.