Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This release should take care of handling the new method m.yp.com is using for all residentail queries:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

Note: I have no way of testing this via a Proxy server, so I'd appreciate some feedback from anyone who uses one.

I never officially announced version 3.27 which added support for GoogleMaps.prc and Treo 680, and I wanted to say Thanks to Lionscribe Software for the pointer on launching GoogleMaps with parameters!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This is awesome! No more problems with residential search.

GoogleMaps integration works great too!

Sorry I don't use Proxy so I cannot test that for you.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Thanks, Rick!!! It works great, again!!!

PayPal donation has been sent! Thanks for keeping the Treo one of the best devices out there.
    PalmPilot Professional -> Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Samsung SPH-I300 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    The update also fixed Reverse Queries, which weren't working before. You're incredible!
    PalmPilot Professional -> Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Samsung SPH-I300 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Yes, the reverse queries are all just a derived function of their residential page, so we get fixes 2 for the price of 1!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman78 View Post
    The update also fixed Reverse Queries, which weren't working before. You're incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt View Post
    This release should take care of handling the new method m.yp.com is using for all residentail queries:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

Note: I have no way of testing this via a Proxy server, so I'd appreciate some feedback from anyone who uses one.

I never officially announced version 3.27 which added support for GoogleMaps.prc and Treo 680, and I wanted to say Thanks to Lionscribe Software for the pointer on launching GoogleMaps with parameters!
    And thanks for the e-mail heads-up. (Donation sent.)
    Thank You!
    Thank you Rick for continuing to support this fine program.
    Thanks from me too. Donation sent!
    Now that I've bought a 750v I sure miss DA...There is a Windows mobile version which I believe was not created by Rick and it does not work well at all for doing Canadian searches..I'd have to say this was my most used app on my 650
  11.    #11  
    Well, one option (one that costs a little $) is to use the StyleTap emulator. DA works quite well under it.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by timexx8 View Post
    Now that I've bought a 750v I sure miss DA...There is a Windows mobile version which I believe was not created by Rick and it does not work well at all for doing Canadian searches..I'd have to say this was my most used app on my 650
    Directory assistant currently places biz name in company name under copy to contacts command. It would be a nice option to have da fill in the "last name" field with the company/business name as an option. The reason for this is that tom tom 6, unlike tt5 does not see the company name, it only goes by last name under a navigate to contacts search. Therefore each time I copy a new business entry into my contacts, I always have to copy the comapny name field up to the last name field. If version 3.29 could have this option it would be a good time saver. Thanks for the continued improvement with this most used utility on my treo.
    I bought warden 2.0 then installed the latest DA and had a pretty bad soft reset looping problem.... not sure which it was but I went back to DA 5.26 and am OK again 700p on verizon
    Directory Assistant 3.28 does not work for finding directions on my Sprint 700p. Instead, it goes to the internet to Mapquest's site and asks if I want directions. Previous older versions of D.A. has worked just fine for directions. Anyone have ideas? If I can't get this to work, does anyone have the older 3.27 version? Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I'm getting the same results-directed to the Mapquest site.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I just tried an older 3.26 version but still got the same problem. Must be a server problem for past couple days. Anyone have ideas?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I just tried an older 3.26 version but still got the same problem. Must be a server problem for past couple days. Anyone have ideas?
    I am using 3.28. Worked as expected when installed. Works as reported now.

DA exploits, is written to, and tested on a web interface. This interface is not guaranteed or even stable. Every time it changes, DA has to be adjusted, not to say, re-written. It is to Rick's great credit that he keeps at it.

One has to wonder why these applications keep changing without showing any improvement.
    I'm using 3.28 and I'm still having these issues. Maybe it's a Sprint/Treo700p issue. I notice Casey Cheung is (above) is also a Sprint/Treo 700p user as am I.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Works flawlessly with T-zones proxy sever. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I'm using 3.28 and I'm still having these issues. Maybe it's a Sprint/Treo700p issue. I notice Casey Cheung is (above) is also a Sprint/Treo 700p user as am I.
    Not Sprint. I use Cingular and I have it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast