Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    In the world of sports talk radio, I would start off my post by saying, "Long time, first time..." That stands for "Long time listener, first time caller..." Well, I'm am in fact a long time TC reader, but this is my first post. Thanks to all of you who've helped me over the last two years of being a 650 owner. I just upgraded to the 700p, and I've been very pleased so far... knock on wood. I apologize in advance if this question seems silly, but hey... at times this tech thing is a humbling experience.

My 700p is on the Sprint network. I recently began using Pdanet on a more regular basis with virtually no problems. I am running a small business and I recently purchased a domain name and am attempting to set up e-mail for a number of users. I would like to be able to use Microsoft Outlook on my laptop (while tethering through the 700p) to send/receive e-mail. After setting up the profile in Outlook, it seems as if I am having trouble connecting to my SMTP server. I am guessing that it could be because Port 25 is blocked. I know this happens quite often these days to prevent spam, but this begs the question... When using Pdanet, who is my internet service provider? I would guess that it's Sprint, but I don't think I can call them and ask about my SMTP problem because I am currently not paying for the PAM plan. Does anyone in this fine community have any suggestions for me?
    Not an expert...but you are connected via Sprint Power Vision for ISP. I don't use PDAnet...but have no problems using Outlook POP/SMTP connecting via other means...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rrbeck01 View Post
    Not an expert...but you are connected via Sprint Power Vision for ISP. I don't use PDAnet...but have no problems using Outlook POP/SMTP connecting via other means...
    Thanks for the reply. I'll see what I can figure out.