Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tzones all you can eat 5.99 can't go wrong.
    T-Zones is free for T-Mobile To Go. An undiscounted $100 refill with 1000 minutes is cheaper than the cheapest T-Mobile postpaid plan if you use less than 360 minutes a month, including nights and weekends (or 450 minutes a month depending on how frequently Target or other retailers have the $50 refill cards on sale for $40, but you'll need to buy 2 and use both refill cards at the same time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    T-Zones is free for T-Mobile To Go. An undiscounted $100 refill with 1000 minutes is cheaper than the cheapest T-Mobile postpaid plan if you use less than 360 minutes a month, including nights and weekends (or 450 minutes a month depending on how frequently Target or other retailers have the $50 refill cards on sale for $40, but you'll need to buy 2 and use both refill cards at the same time).

I'm trying to follow what your saying but....

I pay 39.99/month for 1000 minutes then $5.99 for t-zones. How is your $100 for the same thing cheaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I'm trying to follow what your saying but....

I pay 39.99/month for 1000 minutes then $5.99 for t-zones. How is your $100 for the same thing cheaper?
    If you use all 1000 minutes each month, then the prepaid is more expensive. However, if your typical usage is less than 360-450 minutes a month, the prepaid is actually cheaper. Example:

You are on the $29.99 + $5.99 for t-zones, use an average of 300 minutes a month. After 3 months, you've paid $107.94, but if you had use the prepaid plan, you've spent $100 (or maybe $80 if you were able to get the refill cards on sale), and you still have 100 minutes left.

A downside to the prepaid cards is that you don't get an itemized call list from T-Mobile, so you can't be reimbursed by work for work related calls like you can with a postpaid plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    If you use all 1000 minutes each month, then the prepaid is more expensive. However, if your typical usage is less than 360-450 minutes a month, the prepaid is actually cheaper. Example:

You are on the $29.99 + $5.99 for t-zones, use an average of 300 minutes a month. After 3 months, you've paid $107.94, but if you had use the prepaid plan, you've spent $100 (or maybe $80 if you were able to get the refill cards on sale), and you still have 100 minutes left.

A downside to the prepaid cards is that you don't get an itemized call list from T-Mobile, so you can't be reimbursed by work for work related calls like you can with a postpaid plan.
    I see what your saying....

Not a big enough difference to be worth bothering for me especially with the downside as you mention but interesting thought for people still considering what to do.
    For me, it's a big deal, since I still have a land line, and I use less than 100 mobile minutes/month. If my $100 refill lasts a year, it's like an $8/month prepaid plan, much cheaper than $36/month with the postpaid plan. It's all about minimizing the monthly price for the number of minutes you normally use, and in my case, prepaid is clearly saving me a lot of money over postpaid.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12