Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    * Reset
    * Hard Reset
    * Reload
    * Repeat
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  2. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #2  
    Bob, you forgot step one!!

    * Drop on pavement
    * Reset
    * Hard Reset
    * Reload
    * Repeat



    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  3. #3  
    Smeggie,

    No, that's step 5 after repeat loop exceeds 3...
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  4. waldo15's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #4  
    Oh you boys! You are posting the steps for the Advanced Power users only!

    For new users, the steps to follow:

    - reset
    - call carrier's customer service
    - get sent to Palm's customer service
    - get bumped back to the carrier...
    - After sevral attempts, drop the carrier, sell Treo on eBay, wait patiently until June... and then switch to Cingular.
  5. #5  
    after switching to Cingular you have no signal so a working phone is no longer necessary and the 700p finall meets the needs

    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Oh you boys! You are posting the steps for the Advanced Power users only!

    For new users, the steps to follow:

    - reset
    - call carrier's customer service
    - get sent to Palm's customer service
    - get bumped back to the carrier...
    - After sevral attempts, drop the carrier, sell Treo on eBay, wait patiently until June... and then switch to Cingular.
    _____________
    Visor -> Treo 650 Cingular UNLocked (Cing. Blue Phone on Orange Network) -> vzw 700p -> VZW Centro (much better)
  6. #6  
    LOL


    10 years plus with Palm . . . and I have yet to experience a non-self inflicted wound.


    (Yes, my 700p does have occassional lag.)
  7. #7  
    What about the step where you start a "The Treo xxxy is loaded piece of $*** - it's going back" thread on treocentral?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  8. richpjr's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'd add this:

    Place a call.

    When the call is complete, press the hang up button.

    When the phone sits there apparantly frozen and you aren't sure that you really pressed the hang up button, press it again.

    Watch your phone suddenly hang up and then immediately dial your voice mail.

    Hang up again.
  9. #9  
    Need to add:

    Praise product when potential customer contimplating Blackberry as well comes on asking for advice
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr View Post
    I'd add this:

    Place a call.

    When the call is complete, press the hang up button.

    When the phone sits there apparantly frozen and you aren't sure that you really pressed the hang up button, press it again.

    Watch your phone suddenly hang up and then immediately dial your voice mail.

    Hang up again.
    Holy crap! I HATE that. It happens to me all the time - its so freaking unresponsive!
  11.    #11  
    * Start a thread complaining that Treo is lacking some feature you need.
    * Read condescending reply that you should buy some 3rd party app to get that feature.
    * Buy & load app.
    * Start a thread complaining that your Treo is now crashing.
    * Read condescending reply that 3rd party apps should not be loaded as they cause the Treo to crash.

    **NOTE: This process can also be applied to Palm's support line.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  12.    #12  
    1) Do a search on 700p forum for Firmware update.
    2) Read countless complaints.
    3) Sign petition for an update.
    4) Read history of dialogoue with Palm in Palm Response Tracker thread.
    5) Run following program:

    FirmwareUpdate="FALSE"
    REPEAT
    * Weeks = Weeks + 1
    * PRINT "Weeks waiting = ", Weeks
    * CheckPalmResponseTracker()
    UNTIL FirmwareUpdate="TRUE"
    END
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  13. #13  
    6) Excitedly spend $200 in June to cut contract with Carrier in anticipation of iPhone
    7) Sign with Cingular
    8) Buy hyped-up iPhone for $500. It's a marriage made in heaven.
    9) Sell Treo on eBay for deep discount
    10) Come to conclusion iPhone = Sidekick
    11) Desire Treo again
    12) Now stuck with Cingular buy 680p outright for $450
    13) Sell iPhone for heavy discount on eBay
    14) Curse the IRS for not allowing deductions on the loss on sale of personal property come next April
  14.    #14  
    Lol!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jessep28 View Post
    6) Excitedly spend $200 in June to cut contract with Carrier in anticipation of iPhone
    7) Sign with Cingular
    8) Buy hyped-up iPhone for $500. It's a marriage made in heaven.
    9) Sell Treo on eBay for deep discount
    10) Come to conclusion iPhone = Sidekick
    11) Desire Treo again
    12) Now stuck with Cingular buy 680p outright for $450
    13) Sell iPhone for heavy discount on eBay
    14) Curse the IRS for not allowing deductions on the loss on sale of personal property come next April

    Now thats funny!!!
  16. #16  
    You guys are loopy...

Posting Permissions