Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Is there a Soft Reset that takes you straight to the Access Powered screen instead of the Palm logo? It seems that the existing Soft Reset applications all have a glitch that takes the device into a semi-reset state, and then it goes to the Access Powered screen and then the Palm logo again....takes FOREVER!
    No - the soft reset routine starts with the Palm logo. Ben
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Palm considers this a feature. It is a reminder that things move too fast in this crazy world. We should all be thankful for these endless resets that take 3 minutes to make the phone usable again. It's made me much more Zen and now I am this close to reaching nirvana.
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz View Post
    Palm considers this a feature. It is a reminder that things move too fast in this crazy world. We should all be thankful for these endless resets that take 3 minutes to make the phone usable again. It's made me much more Zen and now I am this close to reaching nirvana.
    LOL!!!!!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Babel - me too....I have become one with my newspaper, waiting for my Treo to wake up from the dead!
    I love that when my phone acts up, I'm reminded of the company that produces the hardware and software products that are giving me trouble! It's almost as if there was a counter-spy from another company working in their engineering department: when the thing fff's up, lets remind them who we are so they can associate our trademarks and company brands with the bad experience!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer View Post
    Is there a Soft Reset that takes you straight to the Access Powered screen instead of the Palm logo? It seems that the existing Soft Reset applications all have a glitch that takes the device into a semi-reset state, and then it goes to the Access Powered screen and then the Palm logo again....takes FOREVER!
    This may sound odd, but whenever i initiate a reset from within Resco Backup, it takes one third less time to reboot than if i use an app like mReset.

Also if i take out the battery and put in back in, my Treo "boots" up faster than if i use the reset hole.

My presonal observations.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....