1.    #1  
    Got my Treo 680 at last and am generally lovin' it. But I have an occasional problem which I can't quite pin down. The thing goes in to a brief soft reset loop 2 or three times and the Crash reports is a "Fatal exception whil running Carrier Config Manager".
    Any clues anyone?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Man that's bizarre. You check your 3rd party apps? Maybe try a hard reset?
  3.    #3  
    Yeah tons. But it occurred only a couple of times and am still monitoring the situation. Wondered if anyone else experience this error?
    Does this crash loop happen after inserting/removing the SIM card? Carrier configuration sounds like it would be done on SIM insertion/change...

I had a look at the CarrierConfigurator.prc (HsNC) file in the ROM, and there are some strings in there like "Reseting default because it detects new SIM.", or "Resetting default because NetPref says there's none.". So it either has something to do with the SIM (changing it, or maybe a flaky electrical connection between the SIM and the phone? I've read reports here of someone having problems like phone freezes after dropping it and it seems that the SIM had moved a bit) or maybe the Prefs got somehow corrupted (you weren't playing with an application that do special stuff with the Prefs, right? Like an uninstall application, or something like Pref Analyser?)...

Just a few random thoughts, here, nothing more than blind guesses, but maybe it can help?
    Last edited by euroclie; 02/01/2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: corrected the spelling of the "CarrierConfigurator" filename.
  5.    #5  
    Could it have anything to do with the Carrierprofiles.db which might be corrupted? Is it safe to delete this db?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Could it have anything to do with the Carrierprofiles.db which might be corrupted? Is it safe to delete this db?
    Do you have an unlocked 680? I don't have that one, I've got carrierprofiles2.pdb
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  7.    #7  
    Yes, my Treo is an unlocked model. It's carrierprofiles2.pdb as well.
    Just wondering if it is disastrous to delete this db or wil the Palm just rebuild a new one?
    It's not in the ROM, so it won't rebuild it would just take it from a backup. If you have filez or something similar, I can upload mine and you could try deleting the one on the palm and moving the one in your backup folder.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll wait and see as it's been quite stable so far since yesterday and haven't seen any recurrence.
  10.    #10  
    Nope, spoke to soon. I am still getting some reset loop problems. After about 304 reset sloops, it may settle down by itself. Someitme I have to do a hard reset and restore from NVBackup.
    #*377 gives an error message saying reset was caused by running "Carrier Config Manager".
    I don't know what app is responsible so would appreciate if anyone has a clue or further advice...
    Thanks
  11.    #11  
    Hmmm. I think I've sorted it out -it's my Sim card. Looks like my MagicSim 4 in 1 Sim card is not 100% compatible after all, rats. Putting back the original Sim card solves the problem...