Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

Just got my wife a 680 unlocked red. Shes on Tmobile now. Has anyone had any issues with calling Tmobile (Asurion) and adding the 680 to the equipment protection plan?? She currently has Asurion with the Treo 600.
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I don't think it's covered since it's not even a unit they sell. They did used to sell the 600s, but i think those were the last treo's they carried.
  3.    #3  
    so what is everyone doing with 680s that are on tmobile? i know its not walking around with a 400 dollar uninsured phone??
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    oh man, I know I am! it's definitely not the best arrangement, but I guess that's how the ball bounces for now. I think there's a pda or gadget insurance service somewhere out there though, anyone have any idea? I remember reading about it, not sure if it's still around.

come to think of it my last cell phone wasn't covered either.
    I'm very happy not to waste my money on insurance. Just love this living on the edge thing.......... ;-)
    Yup .. scarily doing the uninsured thing - I was using Assurance with my 600 and wasn't happy when they upped their monthly fee ... I didn't even try to get the 680 covered - didn't want to raise any red flags at T-mo.

I had my 600 for 3 years ... phone still looks like new, thankfully never needed the Insurance and spent a around $150 on the $3.99 monthly fee over that time.
  7.    #7  
    so no one on tmobile using t680 in here has insurance onthe phone? all it takes is one drop and a broken screen and you pay for the 3 years of 3.99 a month, ive seen so many phones take a dive off desks down the sidewalk, stolen, left in cab. To think of not having the insurance is just plain silly. We too had insurance onthe t600, i guess either asurion or home owners insurance.

Anyone else?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Yup .. scarily doing the uninsured thing - I was using Assurance with my 600 and wasn't happy when they upped their monthly fee ... I didn't even try to get the 680 covered - didn't want to raise any red flags at T-mo.

I had my 600 for 3 years ... phone still looks like new, thankfully never needed the Insurance and spent a around $150 on the $3.99 monthly fee over that time.
    BTW what red flags?? Tmobile welcomes all unlocked phones and prides themselves on being the "universal carrier" here in the states. I remember when our company bought 5 Unlocked T600s from singapore and put them on Tmobile, (before they were being sold in the USA) they insured without issue.

I guess im just gonna have to call, still cant believe that no one has insurance on this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP View Post
    BTW what red flags?? Tmobile welcomes all unlocked phones and prides themselves on being the "universal carrier" here in the states. I remember when our company bought 5 Unlocked T600s from singapore and put them on Tmobile, (before they were being sold in the USA) they insured without issue.

I guess im just gonna have to call, still cant believe that no one has insurance on this phone.
    And all Cingular users with ANY Treo are walking around uninsured! Cingular has refused to insure the Treo for some time.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Actually, they don't like to cover phones that they don't sell. I actually tried to palce a claim a year or two ago when my XDA IIs was damaged and they tried to replace it with a Blackberry and told me I would have to change my rate plan or else they wouldn't do anything at all. I certainly didn't change a damned thing!
    Insurance??

...tell me more.....
  12.    #12  
    just checked my renters insurance, they cover it from theft, fire and the usual insurance stuff but not accidental damage and such

checked online tons of services in the UK but cant seem to find a indepent here in the stats, i know i read that state farm covers, but dont have them.
    Phone insurance is a very personal decision.

For me, I know that I'm not worried about $300, it's one or two meals out. If I should loose or damage the phone I'll probably just fix it or buy whatever is newer and better at the time anyway. It's a tolerance for risk thing and this price point is pretty immaterial. A $50,000 car, well..... not so easily replaced.
    Treat it like it is special and don't drop it, leave it in a cab, etc.

Seriously, put your 3.99 a month in a savings account and in the off chance you lose or break your phone, fix or buy a new one.

Insurance one small electronics is a scam, ask people who try to get Asurion to pay out.

We treo users replace out phones every 1-2 years on average and the 3.99 a month will pay half the new phone cost in that time.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam View Post
    Treat it like it is special and don't drop it, leave it in a cab, etc.

Seriously, put your 3.99 a month in a savings account and in the off chance you lose or break your phone, fix or buy a new one.

Insurance one small electronics is a scam, ask people who try to get Asurion to pay out.

We treo users replace out phones every 1-2 years on average and the 3.99 a month will pay half the new phone cost in that time.
    Not true, ive replaced threw work and personal over 30 treos over the past 4-5 years, some users that travel alot go through a couple a year. But all of those are on Verizon, paying that 1500 bucks is alot cheaper than 10000-12000 dollars. Besides 4 bucks a month x 12 only 48 dollars a year even if its 1 every 2 years its a bargin. I think im the only employee that hasnt ever lost or damaged a treo heh.
    Last edited by HumP; 02/02/2007 at 09:16 PM.
    30 treos in 4 or five years?

That a new one every two months!

What do you do? Use them for batting practice?

OH, I see, it is for your employees. Well, I would say you need to get employees that are more careful.

Chris
    I have a treo 680 unlocked with t-mobile. No they don't insure treos because they don't sell them. Anyway the unimaginable happened to me....my treo screen got damaged. So now I'm gonna have to either send my treo to the palm store for repair for a nice whopping $180 or buy new lcd and digitizer which will run me anywhere between $70-$100 and replace it myself....which will void my warranty. Anyway I would def get insurance if i can find a place that will insure my treo 680. If anyone out there knows of a place that offerers such insurance please let me know. thanks
    Last edited by namekyoyo; 02/04/2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP View Post
    Not true, ive replaced threw work and personal over 30 treos over the past 4-5 years, some users that travel alot go through a couple a year. But all of those are on Verizon, paying that 1500 bucks is alot cheaper than 10000-12000 dollars. Besides 4 bucks a month x 12 only 48 dollars a year even if its 1 every 2 years its a bargin. I think im the only employee that hasnt ever lost or damaged a treo heh.
    If you guys worked for me I'd make you pay for your phones and reimburse your use because clearly noone cares about the company phone.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    If you guys worked for me I'd make you pay for your phones and reimburse your use because clearly noone cares about the company phone.

the employees do pay the deductable out of their paycheck
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I'm with TMO and have had Asurion for years. I just called them a few months ago when I got my 680 and had them update my account. I was literally on the phone with them in under 2 minutes. I told them to change my phone from 650 to 680. Price is still the same...$5.99 per month. No other info needed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast