Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Just got the update. Allows you to turn the screen off playing mp3 or streaming audio. ptunes killer because no stutter but no background play.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Just got the update. Allows you to turn the screen off playing mp3 or streaming audio. ptunes killer because no stutter but no background play.
    Thanks Chris. I'm looking for the URL now. Is this free for those of use that bought tne 4.? upgrade?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    yeah its free for version 4 buyers. I updated it via the app. there is a pull down that checks for updates you can't miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Thanks Chris. I'm looking for the URL now. ...
    OK, I got the email too. It's interesting that they are telling us who bought Kinoma EX that this is the "4.1 upgrade" but they still just market it as "4 EX" on their website.

http://www.kinoma.com/index/Player4

Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    ... Is this free for those of use that bought tne 4.? upgrade?
    The email that I got says it is a free upgrade.
    yeah its free for version 4 buyers. I updated it via the app. there is a pull down that checks for updates you can't miss it.
    Great idea, I'll upgrade that way. :-)
    Still doesn't work with SAG
    For those who prefer URLs and want to update that way, here it is:

http://www.kinoma.com/index/need-a-product-update
    anyone got the link to the url?

nvm thanks
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Much better with orb as well. You can pretty much trash ptunes...
    Mine crashs after the update. Sometime it crashes as soon as Kinoma icon is touched. Other times it crashes while loading Kinoma media guide. I'm surprised that I'm the only one having this problem. Thinking of reverting back to 4.0
    Turning off the screen is not background play. So is there background play for Kinoma? If not, it's no ptunes killer.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall View Post
    Mine crashs after the update. Sometime it crashes as soon as Kinoma icon is touched. Other times it crashes while loading Kinoma media guide. I'm surprised that I'm the only one having this problem. Thinking of reverting back to 4.0
    Maybe something got corrupted during the install. Have you tried deleting Kinoma then re-installing?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    g-funk you need hooked on phonics. I said it doesn't work in background.

its a ptunes killer because there is no skipping. ptunes skips even when its in the foreground. Read word for word this time.

its a ptunes killer because there is no skipping. ptunes skips even when its in the foreground. Read word for word this time.
    hah sorry, you're right, I just reread your post.. i got it way mixed up.
    g-funk you need hooked on phonics. Read word for word this time.
    Chris, read word for word this time ... "Be nice."

Seriously. It's not that hard. Try it for awhile and see if you don't agree.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Much better with orb as well. You can pretty much trash ptunes...
    Can you explain what's much better with orb? Just the windows media support? Is that better than using 3gp?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Still doesn't work with SAG
    so no bluetooth headphone support that sucks I was about to buy a 100 dollar pair of sony headphones...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I was just trying to be funny also. no disrespect.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Actually, it's not a Ptunes killer just yet. Dont get me worng, I use Kinoma all time. it's a great app. But till you can switch application while still streaming with kinoma in the background and it doesnt skip, it wont be a "Complete" ptunes killer. I still use ptunes to listening to music because I can switch application. But like I said Kinoma is amazing so I use both.
    P.S Ptunes only skips when you switch applications
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Maybe something got corrupted during the install. Have you tried deleting Kinoma then re-installing?
    Yes I deleted using Uninstall and reinstalled 4.1. Later I found the culprit. It was a language program I have that keeps conflicting with the new version of Kinoma. But it didn't do that before.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast