Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    so no bluetooth headphone support that sucks I was about to buy a 100 dollar pair of sony headphones...
    The Plantronics Pulsar 590a stereo Bluetooth headphones, which have soft foam-covered ear pads (they are "supra-aural" meaning the ear pieces rest on top of your ears, not surround them like "super-aural" headphones do..) .. come with a small Bluetooth "puck" about the size of a Reese's peanut butter cup (I'm trying to think of something else it's about the size of but that came to mind quickly).. you can plug that puck with its short cable into ANY device with an audio-out jack (any Palm, iPod, laptop, any MP3 player, you name it..) .. and it's automatically and permanently paired with the headphones, so if you don't mind a hard-wired dangling puck, there's your Stereo Bluetooth headphone solution for programs that don't work with SAG. Only a couple of PalmOS media players provide both A2DP and AVRCP with SAG and capable Bluetooth headphones - Pocket Tunes and I think Aeroplayer. Eventually SAG will work with Kinoma Media Player but not yet. But these headphones, which also have a mic on a tube that extends from and retracts into the right ear piece means they're also a Bluetooth headset for calls.

They retail for over $250.00 but you can buy them most anywhere for half that. They also can be used hard-wired with an included "in-flight cable" and there's a desktop charging stand, USB charging cable, and / or you can charge both the headphones and the puck at the same time since the included AC adapter has two charging doohickeys on a y-split cord coming out of it so there are many ways to charge their batteries

The right earpiece of the headphones has a circle of flat buttons, two of which control volume, the other two control AVRCP (the protocol that lets you go forward or backwards a track for devices that support AVRCP.. for those that don't, those two buttons do nothing but the two volume buttons still function with anything)..

I'm working on a review of these headphones. Since they cover both ears, they're not for use while driving. Their sound is decent (rated 20hz - 20khz) although not as wide-range as my old-school faithful Sony MDR-V6 headphones (5hz - 30khz).. but headphones' sound is a very subjective thing.

Anyway, if you don't like stuff-in-your-ear style headphones, they're an attracive alternative. They have a very space age futuristic look to them and the box is loaded with every accessory you could possibly want or need for them, so you don't have to buy other do-dads

But my point was, even though Kinoma doesn't work with SAG, you can still have wireless Bluetooth headphones and decent fidelity with these Plantronics and their little puck

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 02/01/2007 at 03:39 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Just got the update. Allows you to turn the screen off playing mp3 or streaming audio. ptunes killer because no stutter but no background play.
    If any of you folks are into OTR (Old Time Radio Shows).. check out the new section of the Kinoma Media Guide under Entertainment / Old Time Radio shows.. I gave Kinoma ALL those feeds / links and there are now hundreds of streaming shows built into the guide including a bunch categorized by genre, and Yesterdayusa radio which streams OTR shows 24/7..

By the way, the dynamically-updated Media guide now has more than twice as many selections as it used to - well over 5000 "pre-sets" built-in and a ton of other new features such as "breadcrumbs" and parsing that might not be otherwise immediately obvious..

The first release of Kinoma Media Player 4 EX accesses the older version of the Media guide. You MUST upgrade to the new version (just released) to access the new Media guide. They look similar. They're not. There's utterly NO reason not to upgrade since it's FREE to registered owners of 4 EX and the tedious card-scanning is gone, which should make a lot of people happy, but this program is about content and there is so much content in the Media guide's new incarnation that I doubt any single human being could ever listen to all of it, or even count all of it. There are a lot of other changes in this new version, some of them obvious, some of them subtle, but overall, Kinoma has just made it better, faster, and more expansive than its first release

I'm happy to have been able to contribute to Kinoma a lot of links in the new Media guide (such as the whole OTR section..) .. plus help them locate and squash a few bugs

By the way, if you haven't bought Kinoma 4 EX yet, the $5.00 TreoCentral discount link in my review still works, so you can still get this remarkable program for $19.99

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    g-funk you need hooked on phonics. I said it doesn't work in background.

its a ptunes killer because there is no skipping. ptunes skips even when its in the foreground. Read word for word this time.
    Hey Chris, who shoved it up and snapped it off? Lol, I actually misread it myself!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Is this Kinoma 4 *significantly* better than Kinoma 3 which I still use and still like quite a bit? I download and re-encode Daily Show episodes to watch while on the plane and Kinoma 3 makes a perfect MP4 without issue.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    Prior to 4.1 I had trouble streaming ORB audio. 4.1 has greatly improved streaming a playlist via ORB, but now I am unable to stream TV via ORB. It trys to connect, but then times out. Anyone else having this trouble?

Meistro
    Wow, Kinoma just got my vote for the best PalmOS app ever...! There is so much you can do with it and with this update Orb video and music just got better. I can stream without issues now. Great Job..!!!

Al
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Lover the program...but while listening to a podcast and the screen goes off, by the preset time limit, the podcast starts skipping.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    that skipping happens to me also occasionaly. a reset seems to fix it. also playing with the preferences. I have not found the reason for this yet. Should check the multimedia forum here and also Kinoma's forum.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Just a quick note, I did some jazz piano lessons for the media guide. They are free and under education.

Hope you enjoy.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    after the reading the glowing reviews of the updated kinoma i purchased the software, only to be disappointed by the skipping issue when playing music files. although not as frequent as with ptunes, still present. is it just me or has anyone else also experienced this?
    I was disappointed by this release. I would like to see the following

1) Resume where you were when switching applications. Eg if I am playing a pod cast, it should remember where I was in the pod cast when I start the app up again after say answering a phone call.

2) Handle backgound tasks better. Playing back MP3 frequently stops and never restarts when background tasks like chatter and versamail check for mail in the background.

3) Use big buttons for doing stuff. I use my fingers a lot for most of the on screen controls and the buttons are just too small
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I never get stutter when playing mp3. Occasionally when streaming audio.

I also use my finger to control Kinoma but I do so with the 5 way. Its so simple to use, try it. left goes left, right goes right, up goes up, down goes down. Middle button is select/enter.
    I never get stutter when playing mp3. Occasionally when streaming audio.

I also use my finger to control Kinoma but I do so with the 5 way. Its so simple to use, try it. left goes left, right goes right, up goes up, down goes down. Middle button is select/enter.
    Are you using versa mail or chatter?

Yeah I already use the rocker, but you need to hold the treo fairly close to be able to make out which of the buttons along the bottom has that thin light blue line round it showing you that it has been highlighted.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I use Chatter. 3.04 I believe. Whatever the latest out is.

I didn't consider you couldn't see the blue highlight. My eyesite can thankfully. They should allow skins. You should write a email to them because I am sure your not the only one.
    well I'm having trouble playing .asf files or any video file for that matter. The picture fazes out then it restarts the treo plus i can't watch youtube videos any suggestions?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    well I'm having trouble playing .asf files or any video file for that matter. The picture fazes out then it restarts the treo plus i can't watch youtube videos any suggestions?
    I can't play asf files anymore, but I'm still downloading and streaming youtube videos via mobetube, not the kinoma youtube access.
    g-funk you need hooked on phonics. I said it doesn't work in background.

its a ptunes killer because there is no skipping. ptunes skips even when its in the foreground. Read word for word this time.
    Ptunes does not skip in the foreground for me, only in the background.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12