1.    #1  
    Hi folks
    finally after using my Treo 600 for years, I updated and got myself a Treo 680

All is well except I have forgotten how to do 2 simple things and manuals not helpful at all.

1) How to turn sound off simple button pressing? that popping noise when u move cursor or select things?

2) How to skip certain pages when pressing Calender button repeatedly? eg want to skip activity and week pages?

3) any way for me to upload all previously saved SMS chat messages on to new phone? hotsync does not do this

been racking my brain and looking at all preferences but silly me cannot find these features.

Thanks!

ps: I do hope these features are present!
    MY REPLY IN CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by Chooi View Post
    Hi folks

1) How to turn sound off simple button pressing? that popping noise when u move cursor or select things?
    GO TO PREFERENCES, SOUNDS & ALERTS, SELECT SYSTEM FROM DROPDOWN, AND TURN OFF OR LOWER

2) How to skip certain pages when pressing Calender button repeatedly? eg want to skip activity and week pages?
    SORRY I USE DATEBK5/6

3) any way for me to upload all previously saved SMS chat messages on to new phone? hotsync does not do this
    I USED A BACKUP SOFTWARE TO COPY THE FILE TO A SD CARD. YOU MAY TRY A FILE COPY UTILITY, OR MAYBE BLUETOOTH/IR THE FILE ACROSS.
  3. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    3) Try copying "Message Database" over from Treo 650; also copy along your Contact DB, so your messages can show your contacts.
  4.    #4  
    thank you very much for above help. Sounds now sorted

Will try to copy "Message Database" over (note my Treo 600 so hope it applies!)
    Treo 600 does not have bluetooth hehe
    My contacts are all hotsynced so that should be ok?

Anyone else can remind me how to skip certain pages on scrolling through Palm calendar?
    If you tap the black arrow at the top right by the days listed, it will let you skip a week at a time. If you want to go to a specific date, go to the month view at the bottom left corner. If you have your categories set up, it will show the color of the category for the appointment on the days assigned. I don't think there's a way to use the navigator buttons to do what you want unless you use a third party app...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for that Christinac130 but I definately could set this up on my Treo600 basic features without 3rd party programme

Basically when you press Calendar button, you go to Daily, then when you keep pressing it, it goes to Weekly, Monthly then Agenda before back to daily. There was a setting in Treo 600 where you can skip pages thus go from Day to Monthly in single button press and skip others.

Anyone can help with above, much appreciated
    Hi folks
    Press Calendar to get to the day display and then just press the right side of the 5-way. It stays in day display and proceeds from day to day. That's so simple perhaps I misunderstood your request.
    on dateBk6 if you go to options/preferences/views that's where you set it up
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Press Calendar to get to the day display and then just press the right side of the 5-way. It stays in day display and proceeds from day to day. That's so simple perhaps I misunderstood your request.
    Hi. Thanks but yes, this was not what I meant

Basically when pressing Calendar button repeatedly, you can toggle from default Day view to Week to Month to Agenda and back to Day again. On my Treo 600, I could use Preferences to skip certain views like Week (that had no Agenda view anyway) so that pressing Calendar button repeatedly switched between Day and Month only.

I do not know if Treo 650 had this feature as I did not own that but it seems Treo 680 does not if anyone knows how to, please do let me know

Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch View Post
    on dateBk6 if you go to options/preferences/views that's where you set it up
    Perhaps you do but how about in original Palm Calendar? Am trying to avoid third party app simply for this function. Thanks
    I don't have that feature on my 650 or 680. I've never been able to toggle the day/week/month/agenda views with the hard keys.
    The T600 had a lite version of Datebk for the calander app built in. No Treo since then has. If you want that feature you will need to buy Datebk.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I don't have that feature on my 650 or 680. I've never been able to toggle the day/week/month/agenda views with the hard keys.
    I definately can toggle with my Treo 600 and Treo 680 but I cannot have option to skip which view to skip when toggling.

Just keep pressing the Calendar button repeatedly Christinac to toggle
    As sxtg mentioned, the 600 came with a lite version of datebk (I think it was a version of datebk3) that offered that functionality. Gotta get datebk from pimlicosoftware.com to get it back.
    I definately can toggle with my Treo 600 and Treo 680 but I cannot have option to skip which view to skip when toggling.

Just keep pressing the Calendar button repeatedly Christinac to toggle
    LOL...I've had the 650 for over two years and thought I knew every tiny tidbit to know about it and I never knew I could do that! Thanks!