1.    #1  
    OK, I know this is a Treo forum, but it's the best one I can find for this post. I have a Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes), and it worked fine until I loaded the Good apps on it (4.9.2.30_EN). Here's what followed:

My phone contacts were synched with Outlook, but as soon as I called someone using them (or they called me), they would be deleted from my phone contacts. They would exist in my Good contacts for a while, and then they would be deleted there as well.

What gives?

My only fix is to view my contacts EVERY TIME I sync, noting the #. If it dips below the number I know I have, then I have to figure out who is missing and re-import them into Outlook (luckily I kept a backup folder with all of my contacts in a v-card format).

Another piece of info: it is not the hardware (possibly the model, but not the unit). I thought (and so did Cingular AND HTC) that maybe I had a defective unit, but the problem has re-emerged on my replacement phone (but only after I added Good -- I held off and tested the pre-Good-installation contacts with no problems).

HELP!!!
  2.    #2  
    Ooops. I'm sure it was plain to everyone, but if not, I'm talking about a WM5 device.

Oh, and not all is bad about GoodLink... I love the email viewer (MUCH moreso than the standard windows messaging client) and I like having the ability to lookup info in my corporate directory while I'm disconnected (but not as much as having my own personal contacts remain in the phone)

Is there a way in the WM5 version to disable just the Good Contacts app? I saw some notes about the Palm version (albeit it was an older version as well). For that matter, I'm not sure how to edit registry settings anyway (on my device -- on a PC, no problem).
    Never heard of that one. We don't touch the native contacts.
  4.    #4  
    If the Good contacts doesn't touch the native contacts, it at least reads from it, right? The reason I ask is that when the contact gets deleted out of my native contacts, it very soon is gone from my Good contacts. Is there a way to turn that off, so that I have to explicitly delete a contact from my Good contacts for it to be removed (not the best solution, but at least I would still have the contacts -- at this point, the only concrete way to keep someone on my phone is to use the SIM card -- and we all know how wonderful and feature-packed SIM contacts are).

Is there anyone else that could help me with this? SURELY I can't be the only one in this scenario, and to be honest, I don't know where else to go with this since it seems like I can't get help from the Good site (and I'm positive it's not an HTC/Cingular thing -- again, the problem doesn't show until I load Good on my phone).
  5.    #5  
    I found I'm not the only one...

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...mp=true#M28834

help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aggierob View Post
    If the Good contacts doesn't touch the native contacts, it at least reads from it, right? The reason I ask is that when the contact gets deleted out of my native contacts, it very soon is gone from my Good contacts. Is there a way to turn that off, so that I have to explicitly delete a contact from my Good contacts for it to be removed (not the best solution, but at least I would still have the contacts -- at this point, the only concrete way to keep someone on my phone is to use the SIM card -- and we all know how wonderful and feature-packed SIM contacts are).

Is there anyone else that could help me with this? SURELY I can't be the only one in this scenario, and to be honest, I don't know where else to go with this since it seems like I can't get help from the Good site (and I'm positive it's not an HTC/Cingular thing -- again, the problem doesn't show until I load Good on my phone).

No, we pull from the Outlook contacts. If you are syncing native contacts with Outlook via Hotsyncing, then, yes, if you delete from the native, hotsync and it removes from Outlook, it will delete from Good.
    aggierob, I will restate your question for you since there seems to be some confusion. GoodGuy, aggie is not so much concerned with the fact that if he manually deletes from the native it also disappears from Good. He is experiencing a phenomenom where his contacts are deleting after placing/receiving a call from that contact. This only happens when GL is installed. He has corroborated this with a user on the Cingular forums. I would also like to know the answer to this so we can add it to our solutions for our support database.
    OK, sounds like I am way off base here, so let me see if I understand. Please correct me if I am missing something:

You place or receive a call from a contact that is in the Good contacts and, intermittently, those contacts disappear from the Good contacts but not the Outlook contacts after this call?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Never heard of that one. We don't touch the native contacts.
    No, Goodlink HIJACKS them!

Again with the most recent auto update (which cannot be blocked) I cannot use the Contacts button to point to native contacts; nor can I add dialed numbers to contacts; nor can I look up contacts with the text messaging feature; nor can I do anything else with them except manually query them by finding the application in the applications list.

This is completely unacceptable.

I want to use NATIVE contacts (which I sync to my Mac at home) for ALL functionality EXCEPT Goodlink email. Is there a way to do this other than deleting the "Contacts" application (which then deletes ALL contacts) and carefully syncing contacts to overwrite?

Also, WHEN will Goodlink finally stop being such a memory hog? I can't use Versamail OR web browsing (Blazer) without restarting my Palm, so I end up restarting TEN TIMES A DAY.
    Last edited by sulli; 02/09/2007 at 01:16 PM.
  10.    #10  
    GoodGuy... I'm not sure how Sulli's concerns are related to this thread, but to answer your question, this is what I THINK is the process that happens on my phone:
    1. I place (or receive) a call from a contact (Native, but also likely a Good contact)
    2. The phone deletes that contact from my Native contacts immediately following the call.
    3. The contact gets removed from my Good contacts the next time I sync (I can't verify that a sync is necessary, though. I think that it MAY delete the contact before the sync).
    4. The contact is essentially gone from my phone without me manually deleting anything.

My first thought was that this was a phone problem, as Good seems to be the last in this chain (meaning, it didn't cause the problem, but was affected by it).

However, that is definitely not the case. I had a new phone sent to me, I loaded up my Native contacts, and used it for 2 days before loading Good. No problems whatsoever. After installing Good, the contacts started disappearing again.

I also tried the "fix" listed on the other site that I referenced above (basically turn off the ActiveSync of Contacts), but that didn't work either. I still have had contacts removed... although, I will say that one of the contacts that has recently been removed from the Native contacts has yet to be removed from my Good contacts (and the ActiveSync for native contacts is still off).

This may be a palatable workaround until a fix is discovered, but their are some bells and whistles that I can't use with Good contacts that Native contacts provide (like picture IDs, a larger list of rings, etc.).

I hope that gives you guys a better idea of what I'm seeing.
  11.    #11  
    Any news on this? I am still having the problem (although, not as often if I turn off Contact syncing from the ActiveSync app).