1.    #1  
    Basically, the voicemail button on my Treo 700p isn't working, whereas on the original one that it replaced, it worked perfectly. I think the difference is on the new replacement Treo, the voicemail button dials 1 before my area code. On the older one, it would only dial the number with the area code. When I try to dial my own number to call voicemail (without the area code), it works perfectly.

I guess what I'm wondering is if theres some sort of hack like there was on my old Treo 600 to edit the favorites buttons that are hard-coded, so that I can get the button for voicemail to work properly.
    just hold down the number 1 from your phone app.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm, I figured out the trick to edit the favorites (open PhoneFavorites DB in Filez, edit it, and delete the record for favorites), but its not helping. I hope this new replacement isn't having issues as well.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry I guess I should be more clear. The software button does work. It dials my phone number including the 1 before the area code when I do that. However, it worked fine when I dialed my phone number without the 1. I'm not sure what the problem is really now, because it works sometimes and doesn't other times.
    i guess my point is, what is the reasoning behind using that button when you can just hold down "1"?
  6.    #6  
    You're still not getting the problem here. Whenever the favorites button, whether its through pressing it on the screen, or holding down the 1 key, is dialing my voicemail, its putting in an 11 digit number (1, the area code, and the number). For some reason, that isn't working. (That part at least is repeatable, it isn't working at all.) When I dial it as a 10 digit number, (area code, then the number), it is working (most of the time). So, I needed to change the entry in the hard-coded favorites from the eleven digit number to the ten digit number.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    jhoff80: you mean you cannot do menu-E (Edit Favorite Button) in the phone app to change the number there?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  8.    #8  
    No, the Voicemail button is hardcoded, at least on the Sprint 700p. You have to delete that record using Filez, and then it lets you create a new entry with whatever you want.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well, someone raised a similar question about changing the voicemail preset in Sprint 700p. You're correct that Sprint 700p does not allow you to change the number - I looked it up in the manual. (FYI, Verizon 700p allows you to change the number using menu-E). Seems that you need to call Sprint. Here's the thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...voicemail+edit
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607