1.    #1  
    Hi, I got my normal account working but now I need to setup my college email address. Are there standard settings for .edu addresses or do I have to try to find out from my school which mail server it is? When I access email on my school's website they use an Outlook Express interface but this doesn't help me (I don't think). I also need to know which protocol (IMAP,POP) andincoming and outgoing mail servers it would be. I've been trying to use Cingular's mmode servers but it can't resolve the server. Again, I can find absolutely nothing form my school's website about their email service and anyone who has done this or has any educated guesses would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    If they gave you settings so you can use Outlook Express from your desktop, those should work. Or you could possibly forward your mail to a free account nd do it that way.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by xlucianx View Post
    Hi, I got my normal account working but now I need to setup my college email address. Are there standard settings for .edu addresses
    No

or do I have to try to find out from my school which mail server it is?
    Yes.

When I access email on my school's website they use an Outlook Express interface but this doesn't help me (I don't think).
    You are correct. That is a web-based outlook express system, and would not relate to trying to connect, either via POP or IMAP.

I also need to know which protocol (IMAP,POP) andincoming and outgoing mail servers it would be. I've been trying to use Cingular's mmode servers but it can't resolve the server. Again, I can find absolutely nothing form my school's website about their email service and anyone who has done this or has any educated guesses would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Not all schools allow access, although most do. Call your schools help desk for the details about setting up a remote acces (the setting should be the same for any standard mail access program - Outlook Express, Outlook, etc).

Chris