1.    #1  
    Maybe I am unable to search correctly... Hopefully not, but, I just got my 700P.

Here are my issues. EVDO is not on the phone it went back to 1x.

I have seen where some persons have FORCED EVDO. I have not found how to do that. My whole point of this purchase was EVDO.

Can someone tell me what type of settings AND where I can set them for EVDO? Also, does EVDO just drop and go to 1x if in a bad area or something.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Try #*#3836# (that is #*#EVDO#) for forcing your unit to either 1xRTT or EVDO. A screen would come up for you to check a box. By default none of the two boxes are checked because your Treo is supposed to go for EVDO if there's coverage, and fall back to 1xRTT if there is no EVDO.

Before you make any changes, you may want to find out from Verizon whether your area has EVDO coverage.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    In my area, it just so happens my small town has EVDO, but it's the only place around for many many miles. Sprint has an EVDO coverage map; I assume Verizon does as well.