1.    #1  
    Any good scribble / doodle / draw / jot programs out there? I've been using Diddlebug as a Notepad replacement, but it's a little clunky and dated. Certainly useable, but it seems something better could be done.
    I use "Bug Me!" It allows jotting and typing.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    try Penn notes or Poly note
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'm using Palm's Notepad taken from the LifeDrive on my 680 without problems.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    The link to Notepad in that thread isn't working...
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I liked "Bug Me" but found my 650 would randomly reset itself. I removed it and it has not reset since.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    BugMe works well on the 700p.
    I had been using NoteIt for the past couple years, but I recently switched to PenPenCol. The rendering is smoother than NoteIt, plus it's freeware.

http://www.pamupamu.com/soft/penpencol/pencol_e.html
    I'd really like a note taking program that works like the 'draw' function on MSN Messenger. A simple selection of colours, variable pen thickness and most importantly; lines drawn as vectors rather than bitmaps. I like the way Messenger *feels* to draw with because the lines are smoothed and simplified a little, just enough to make words and sketches look good. Most palm notepads give very jagged, scribbly results in my opinion.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    The link to Notepad in that thread isn't working...
    Crap, I'm sorry it didn't work. I've attached the zip I made and it contains all four files. Just HotSync all four files and you'll be all set. If Palm Quick Install gives you a message just ignore it and HotSync anyway.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Hi Jesse, I downloaded your attachment and see that there are 2 compression.prc files in it.
    I have a treo 650 that didnt come with notepad and just a few days ago, I have added Notepad.prc and Notepad_enUS.prc to my ROM.
    Do you know exactally what these files do? Seems the compressionpng.prc is for the png filetype but I dont know what the other is.
    Thanks
    Those compression files let you HotSync your notes to Palm Desktop.
    ~Jessi~

Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    Those compression files let you HotSync your notes to Palm Desktop.
    Can you still do this if you don't have a previous palm version? I didn't really understand what that other thread was saying about needing a previous palm pilot version to be able to beam the notes to another device.

Thanks for the file!
    I'm not sure. My last device was a T3 and that Palm Desktop CD had the Notepad conduit. So I was in the clear. You just have to have Palm CD from a device that had NotePad and the Compression files in my zip to able to HotSync and have the notes show up in the Notepad section of Palm Desktop. If you don't care about HotSyncing them then just install the Notepad files and not the Compression files. Does that make since? You are very welcome. I hope this helps y'all.
    ~Jessi~

You wouldn't happen to have a conduit to use with Missing Sync, would you?

I tried installing some old files that I have via email, and that didn't work. I also tried sending via bluetooth and putting them on the card, and with no luck. These are supposed to hot sync over? I thought they weren't hot syncable, for some reason.

I'll have to give it a try, hopefully soon.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Any good scribble / doodle / draw / jot programs out there? I've been using Diddlebug as a Notepad replacement, but it's a little clunky and dated. Certainly useable, but it seems something better could be done.
    I use Leonardo for my sketches
    http://leonardo.wirejunkie.com/gallery/index

John
    I new to this site but thank you to jessi 9783 for notepad file. It was exactly what I needed!