1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Treo 650. I used the ROM tool to strip and add. Now it goes into an endless loop. I can get it out of the loop by holding up while reseting, but the radio will not turn on and when I hit the apps button it goes back into an endless loop.

OK here is what I did

Went to the "Download Rom" tab and where it asks: "Select the format to download the phones current ROM image as: I selected directory.
    After the download I copied the folder and saved the org.
    I stripped only items in Shadowmite's list i.e tutorial, real player...the usual. I did strip the launcher and replaced it with launcher, added fileZ and swapped FATFS for FAT32.

I then went to the "Upload Rom" tab and where it asks "ROM Source" I clicked "ROM DIRECTORY"
    I selected the folder, which had 110k wasted and then uploaded it.

Does the "rom directory" zip and unzip automatically?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I tried to put the orignal rom back on and it is doing the same thing as the custom.

Chad
    The same thing happened to me. First off- have you read all the custom ROM threads? If not, then do. You may have accidentally uploaded the wrong ROM. What was wrong when I did it was that I had a bad FAT32 file. I'm not guaranteeing that's what's wrong here, but you could at least troubleshoot it. PM your email addy & I'll send you the good one.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    First, re-install your original ROM directory. That should fix the brick. If it doesn't then something else is going on. Second, make just one or two changes and upload to see if the problem re-occurs. Chances are you either mistakenly deleted a file that you shouldn't or have a conflict with one of the files added to ROM. Not all programs can be run from ROM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Same thing happen to me a while back I will never mess with rom again, I had to wait 4 days for a replacement Treo not worth the hassle... at least with ram you could do a hard reset when all esle fails..
  5.    #5  
    I did try to reinstall my original ROM, but it is doing the same thing.

On the custom rom I added only Laucherx, fileZ and Replaced FATZS with FAT32. Also when I stripped the files I put them into an empty folder to keep track of the changes. I checked and I didn't remove any folders that was not on Shadowmites list.
    I used the "ROM directory", could I have made a mistake when uploading? I did not zip any files.
    Quote Originally Posted by _zero_ View Post
    I did try to reinstall my original ROM, but it is doing the same thing.

On the custom rom I added only Laucherx, fileZ and Replaced FATZS with FAT32. Also when I stripped the files I put them into an empty folder to keep track of the changes. I checked and I didn't remove any folders that was not on Shadowmites list.
    I used the "ROM directory", could I have made a mistake when uploading? I did not zip any files.
    If you didn't make any changes to your original ROM directory and reinstalling still causes the reset loops, then it's not what you added or took out. It could be a problem with the cable or connector I suppose. ROM tool will do the zipping for you if you select the directory folder that you downloaded. You should have seen it going though the zipping process before the upload actually happened. Did you by any chance download a zipped image of you ROM as well? (The directory would contain a couple of files named ace-palmos.zip and .zip.md5) If so, you could try uploading that using the zipped upload process from ROM tool. Some of the old custom ROM threads provided links for ROMs from various carriers that could be another source for a zipped ROM.
  7.    #7  
    I didn't download any zipped files.
    I checked the debug, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

One other strange thing is, I downloaded the rom today(My org. ROM that I reinstalled after bricking) to a folder on my desktop to view and everything appears right.
  8.    #8  
    Oh BTW, I will check the cord, but I have never had any previous issues with it. Mabye this will the first
    I didn't download any zipped files.
    I checked the debug, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

One other strange thing is, I downloaded the rom today(My org. ROM that I reinstalled after bricking) to a folder on my desktop to view and everything appears right.
    So the file sizes you downloaded today are exactly the same as the original ROM download? I'm not sure what would be best to try next. Maybe try a different cable if you have one. I sometimes have a problem with the after market cable and have to use the original Palm cable. I guess there could have been a problem with the original download in which case you might have to find a replacement ROM through one of the old posts.
  10.    #10  
    I checked and the size when I upload the orignal ROM and it is as follows: current 7,079,008 Largest size 7,136,768.
    Is this correct or should both numbers be the same? Am I missing a file out of the original? What could it be?
    I checked and the size when I upload the orignal ROM and it is as follows: current 7,079,008 Largest size 7,136,768.
    Is this correct or should both numbers be the same? Am I missing a file out of the original? What could it be?
    OK. I'm surprised that the original ROM didn't fill the entire Sprint ROM allotment. I don't have comparable numbers for my original 1.13a ROM (before FAT32) but I do have the following: 372 files, 15063471 bytes (15990784 on disk).
  12.    #12  
    Could my firewall have created a problem w/ upload or download?

Can someone point me to a link where I can download an original sprint rom,
    I should be running on the latest update 1.13a

Anymore ideas or opinions? Keep them coming.
    Last edited by _zero_; 01/31/2007 at 08:11 PM.
  13.    #13  
    TTT

Someone please help
  14.    #14  
    Thanks everyone!
    Yes, my new custom rom is up and running.
    It seems as though there may have been a problem with the original download i.e, the cord may have been loose, so it was doomed from the start.
    I had to get another copy of a sprint rom and upload it, download it again, made my changes and walllah it was running.

Thanks again to everyone and a big special thanks to gtwo, qwalls and KabukiAssassin.

Chad