1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am new to the site and to the Palm world.
    I picked up a treo 680 on Sunday. So far I like it, nice unit.
    I do have a question though about making calls.
    Is there a way or an app that can be used to call a number or copy and paste a number that you get in a text message. So far I have copied the number into a contact and dialed it that way. I would assume there is a better way.

Any other common newbie tips that you may have would be great.

Thanks,

Andmann
    Quote Originally Posted by andmann View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to the site and to the Palm world.
    I picked up a treo 680 on Sunday. So far I like it, nice unit.
    I do have a question though about making calls.
    Is there a way or an app that can be used to call a number or copy and paste a number that you get in a text message. So far I have copied the number into a contact and dialed it that way. I would assume there is a better way.

Any other common newbie tips that you may have would be great.

Thanks,

Andmann
    Menu > Call Sender
    or Menu > Send to Contacts
    In a text message, the phone number should be blue/underlined - if so, you can just arrow up/down using the 5way to highlight it and then click the center button... it will then pop up asking you whether you want to dial or send a message, etc.

I don't know a quicker way to add it to a contact than what you are already doing. Copy/Paste quick keys - just in case you hadn't yet found them - are Option, then C and Option, then P.

Make good use of your favorites tab. Now that it's unlimited, you can add loads of quick-dials, app launch shortcuts, etc. Good luck finding other easy ways to access stuff - there are quite a few. Unfortunately, nothing exciting comes to mind at the moment.
    Treo select is a very handy program to select and dial and more
    Attached Files Attached Files
    w00t redondo i work in torrance

yeah its a headache putting numbers in

i dial it with the touch screen tehn cant coppy it to paste it to a new contact
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for your help.

I have looked for that menu send to contact options etc, and I didn't find those however I did find that you can high light the number and copy it from the menu, then go to the phone app were you manually dial number and in the menu you can paste.. so that is perfect.

thanks again.

Once you've highlighted it - click the center button and it should ask if you want to dial... save you a step.