1.    #1  
    2006 BMW 3 series. Anyone know if the 680 will work with the car kit? my 650 works flawlessly.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    my 680 works with my '06 X3. uploads only the contacts saved on the SIM to the car, though, not the favorites or the full address book saved on the treo...
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I upgraded from a 650 to an unlocked (red) 680 and it works with my 2006 X5.
    I have tried my 680 with 3 different car kits and my '05 BMW 325ci (with Navigation) is the only reliable bluetooth car kit of the 3. Should work great as long as you move the contacts to the sim card as the above post mentions.
    Do you all have the Assist, or the bluetooth ULF? I have an '05 M3 w/ ULF and the 680 doesn't work. =(
    Can you explain how I might be able to tell if I have ULF or assist?
    I have the factory installed bluetooth that came as a package with my navigation.
    I am trying to help a colleague pair a 680 with the BT builtin the BMW 5 series. Anyone can confirm success? When I initiate the phone detection from the car, it can detect the 680 but there doesn't seem to be any prompting for the pairing code on the 680
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    After you have initiated the pairing from the car, hit the bluetooth icon on the phone, set up devices, wait for it to find the car, etc. You will then be given the prompt to enter the code into the phone.

Palmdoc, what type of Doc are you? I am in Family Practice. I've been to your site. Pretty good stuff there.
    Thanks stringbeanie. Will try again. PS info is in the "About"
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News