1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I have been looking since December for a shop/store which sells the Treo 680 in central london. I do have options apart including Amazon, but I have not been able to find a store or even mobile phone shop which sells the 680 to get a hands-on-feel.
    Has anyone had any luck ( my guess this is a strong-US based forum?)

Thanks
    mfox
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    i think you have to order online outside USA. I just bought one on eBay, should be here next week. eBay is most likely the only solution to get a copper 680. Those webshops that i found using froogle.com required a US credit card, or would only ship to US. And palm doesnt sell colors in europa, but i think you can get 3 different keyboard layouts.

Edit 12. february 2007
    I got the 680 copper i bought from eBay. It works fine, so all my worries were for nothing. I do think that the colour is darker than i expected looking at the pictures.
    Last edited by ion++; 02/12/2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: i got the device from eBay
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. It disappointing that in other places in Europe - like Spain - where I've just been - the 750 and 680 are available at department stores. Whereas in UK - the push is for nokia and blackberries and HP WM. I thought Europe ( including UK ) were the highest users of smartphones!?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFox View Post
    Thank you. It disappointing that in other places in Europe - like Spain - where I've just been - the 750 and 680 are available at department stores. Whereas in UK - the push is for nokia and blackberries and HP WM. I thought Europe ( including UK ) were the highest users of smartphones!?
    What? they have palms in stores in Spain? That supprises me. I have never seen a Treo 650 or 600 in a Danish store. I have visited very few in UK and sweden and i did not see them there either. But i wasnt looking for them.

I'm used to ordering online, since Denmark is Windows country :-(
    Try Tottenham Court Road I got mine there and there are a number of shops that have them in stock got mine from ABM Electronics for 279 2 weeks ago.

Raymond
  6.    #6  
    Thank you Radavis
    I was thinking of walking down oxford street and going into the big department stores this weekend. you've save me some time.

I'll start at the corner of tottenham and oxford and go from there.

Thanks
    MF
    The price I paid was inc of VAT some shops were charging 279 + VAT, so shop carefully. Good Luck

Raymond
  8.    #8  
    I checked Micro Anvika - you know - the ones with heaps of branches along Tottenham.
    They are selling it for 299 inc VAT - same as Palm store UK. I will shop around. Excited - very exicited!