1.    #1  
    I think my copper 680 is bricked.

I picked it up off the charger. It reset it self and went to the white screen with the Palm logo with the progress bar indicator. After that screen it goes back to the white screen with the Palm logo and just sits there (while the LED indicator is solid green). No key presses at all seem to work. I tried a hard reset and it takes me to the "up for yes down for no" screen where it asks to wipe my data but when I select either one I get the same screen all over again. Any thing else I can try? I could send it in to Palm but I'm afraid they will not send me a copper one back.
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
    You can remove the battery for a while but this has a low probability of success (worth a try). It sounds pretty bad to me.
  3. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    wow, that's unnerving.
    damn.....
    Try a warm reset. No guarantee, but it's possible you could get into the offending software (if there is offending software) and disable it. Course it's doubtful you can get it to warm reset if you have this problem, but I'd try anyway.
    I think you should send it back anyway. I know it's a hassle, but an almost new phone shouldn't crap out this soon. Copper is supposed to be back in stock.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Copper is back on the website. They changed the ordering pages and the Copper was back. I think the earlier message was supposed to be Not currently avaliable as opposed to no longer avaliable.

Anyway it does sound like a hardware failure.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS