1.    #1  
    I have been unable to figure out how to end a single phone call once I've answered a second call. I usually have this happen when I'm checking voicemail when a call comes in. The only options are to switch and to disconnect all. This racks up double minutes. Am I missing something, or is there no way to choose which call to disconnect?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    On Sprint, "Swap" to the call you want to drop, then "Disconnect All." Within a few seconds, you will get a call reconnecting you to the other party.

Alternatively, the "Phone Technician" application seems to have a solution that allows you to control the individual calls with keyboard shortcuts. I have not tested this functionality yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by umpy11 View Post
    I have been unable to figure out how to end a single phone call once I\'ve answered a second call. I usually have this happen when I\'m checking voicemail when a call comes in. The only options are to switch and to disconnect all. This racks up double minutes. Am I missing something, or is there no way to choose which call to disconnect?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    No, it does NOT rack up double minutes. Try searching next time since this has been covered many, many times in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    No, it does NOT rack up double minutes.
    When a call waiting call comes in and you answer it, you are billed double until one of the two parties hangs up. This is a standard cellphone industry practice.
    I like to refer to it as the call-waiting-gotcha.

A prime example:

You are talking to a friend. You answer a call-waiting call, putting your friend on hold. While your friend is on hold, he gets a call waiting call. He answers his call waiting call. You flip back and your friend is no longer there (cuz he's on the other line). So you figure he has hung up and you flip back to the other call that came in. Both you and your friend are racking up double minutes until one of you hangs up the phone completely.

Note that when one of you hangs up your phone you will hear a "boop-boop-boop" tone to let you know the other line has hung up, but your Treo has no idea of it and will still list the other line as on hold.

Thanks to shopharim for the tip! It works, too! Note, the caller ID will say "No Caller ID" when your phone rings back.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    On Sprint, "Swap" to the call you want to drop, then "Disconnect All." Within a few seconds, you will get a call reconnecting you to the other party.

Alternatively, the "Phone Technician" application seems to have a solution that allows you to control the individual calls with keyboard shortcuts. I have not tested this functionality yet.
    Wow that's how it works? I have no idea. Why say "disconnect all" on the button if it doesn't actually do that.

When I had my 650 with TMobile , I could disconnect individual calls I think.
    No, it does NOT rack up double minutes. Try searching next time since this has been covered many, many times in the past.
    Um yea. Try not to be so snitty particularly when you are incorrect.
    sorry if the op ruined your day

i tried doing a search and couldn't find a solution until this thread...

and the best part is that you are wrong!!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Um yea. Try not to be so snitty particularly when you are incorrect.
    Um, no. I was correct. Just because the phone shows the other line as still counting minutes, as long as the other person has hung up, you will NOT be charged double minutes. Searching would have told you that.

Sorry if I made you feel foolish, palak.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Um, no. I was correct. Just because the phone shows the other line as still counting minutes, as long as the other person has hung up, you will NOT be charged double minutes. Searching would have told you that.
    Of course, you'll not get charged double minutes if the other person does hang up. The OP's situation is the other 'person' is actually voicemail. I ran into that problem before and voicemail was still there even after I finished talking to the 'other other' person. Now I know doing the Disconnect on my first 'caller', in this case my voicemail, would solve the problem. Thanks all the other posters.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607

Sorry if I made you feel foolish, palak.
    Chill out! You were "right". It's just that the rest of the world thinks in a different way than you do, and that is a good thing!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    hey nsxprime...sorry if i jumped the shark....yea you are right..if a caller does hang up, the minutes do not count as double.....but say if you are checking your VM and you flip over (with the other line being on) you do get charged double minutes!
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    hey nsxprime...sorry if i jumped the shark....yea you are right..if a caller does hang up, the minutes do not count as double.....but say if you are checking your VM and you flip over (with the other line being on) you do get charged double minutes!
    Yes, but you can always switch back and hang up your voicemail call. I thought the OP was talking about situations when you cannot switch back (like when you know that the other party has already hung up) but the screen still shows the call as being there and running up minutes.