1.    #1  
    I have a treo 700p. All has been fine, and with the exception of using a blue tooth headset, I have done nothing different in months. (Even Bluetooth has worked fine for 6 or so weeks) Suddenly, when I access my call log, my phone reboots. I have tried all reset methods including a hard reset. When the phone is restored to default settings, call log works. The odd thing is I have done nothing, and I mean nothing new to cause this sudden change in behavior. Can the log log run out of space and get "buggy"? I am at a loss and the thought of an unsuccessful trip to Sprint does not thrill me. (Not confident that they will help knowing phone essentially works when cleared. Any help? Anywhere else I may turn to for help? Really perplexed and in need of help. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mariociri View Post
    When the phone is restored to default settings, call log works.
    What does this part mean? What are "default settings"?
  3.    #3  
    The state the phone is in after I did a hard reset. Very confused. Been trying to gring out a solution for hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariociri View Post
    The state the phone is in after I did a hard reset. Very confused. Been trying to gring out a solution for hours.
    Once you're able to access the log (after reset) go in and purge the call log and see if it helps.
  5.    #5  
    I can only get into call log after hard reset, wherein there is nothing to purge as phone is "clean". After I hot sync, the log must be restorred and I can't get in. Is there a way to purge log other from actually entering call log? From memory or somewhere? I appreciate your help, past and present
    Delete the PhoneCallDB.PDB (at least that what it's called on the 650, probably similar on the 700) from the device (using FileZ or something similar) and remove it from the backup folder on your PC (which will prevent it from being restored wen you sync). That should fix the problem at the cost of losing your call history. It will create a new call history file when you next use the phone.
    I had this exact problem.
    to temp fix:
    1.call your phone from a different number and don't answer, hang up before you get voicemail
    2. do it again.
    3. after the second time your treo now gives you 2 options : Ok and View List
    4. hit view list and the call log will only show you Missed calls. This is a smaller list than the default call log (Missed, Sent, Recieved).
    AT THIS POINT IF YOU CANT SEE YOUR MISSED CALLS LIST THIS PROBABLY WONT WORK FOR YOU
    5. hit Menu on the keypad and select Purge from the dropdown
    6. Delete calls older than (your choice)
    7. Next time you go to your call log under ALL you should be reset free. No hotsync necessary.

Fill up your call database and it will probably happen again. Mine hasn't.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you all for helping. I did not have to go through the first suggestion, although I have saved the instructions, but the second suggestion occurred today when I missed a call. IT WORKED!. What a bizzare bug in the treo. I was able to access the call log when I missed a call, (I was shocked when it worked). When I got through, I purged the log and all is apparently fine. Excellent help folks. Thanks.