1.    #1  
    The Auto-off feature is not working on my 680. In Preferences > Power, I've set it to 30 seconds (and also tried 15 seconds and 1 minute) and it never goes off. On a call, dim backlight after: is set to 30 seonds as well. The screen never goes off whether on a call, or just sitting idle. It's driving me crazy! I have to lock the Keyguard in order to make it happen... and goodness knows I forget to do so quite frequently. I'm wondering if I'll notice increased battery life once I figure out what's going on with the Auto-off.

I've searched and not found anyone having the same problem... hopefully this means I've simply set something incorrectly. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!
    Sure you're not using some program which alters the Auto-Off time? Such as ProfileCare, AutoOff, etc?

It's rather odd that it doesn't go off on its own.. Must be some third-party software doing it.
    could ptunes be in "pause" mode? I think I've seen my screen not go off also during time
  4.    #4  
    I don't have ProfileCare or AutoOff. I've gone thru all my 3rd party apps and can find none with a different auto-off setting. Also, all of the apps I have on here, were also on my 650 and I never had this issue. It's quite strange.

I just checked ptunes and it wasn't paused - but there was an update available so I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for your feedback!
    I have same problem, My 680 sometime did not auto-off. My way to fix it is to fiddle with the the auto-off time, and the auto-off function is good again. I think it might have something to do with keyshade or KSlight.
    i'm having the same problem too.