Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I use Keysades and Twilight..together!! both are free!!
    Twilight turns them off at certain times throughout a 24hr period..
    KeyShades allows me to turn them ON if needed throughout the day, if I am in a dark area.. both work fine together.. and speed tested through PalmInternals... NO ISSUES..

Fridayy
    Doesn't KBLightsOff work? Seemed to on my 680.. But Profiles didn't work on my 680, so I decided to try out Profile/ScheduleCare to replace it, and it has its own keyboard dimmer built in, so I didn't use it much.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayy View Post
    I use Keysades and Twilight..together!! both are free!!
    Twilight turns them off at certain times throughout a 24hr period..
    KeyShades allows me to turn them ON if needed throughout the day, if I am in a dark area.. both work fine together.. and speed tested through PalmInternals... NO ISSUES..

Fridayy
    Both Twilight and Keyshades are available for free from MyTreo.net.

Thanks for the great recommendation! I just installed these apps. and they're working well on my 700P (so far)!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Both Twilight and Keyshades are available for free from MyTreo.net.

Thanks for the great recommendation! I just installed these apps. and they're working well on my 700P (so far)!

Thats great!! I have had the 2 freebies on my Treo for a while now and havent had any issues...I am also using RLock from Resco.net and have these 2 programs selected along with others....RLock is a must for the 700P!!

Fridayy
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Rob_T;1185963]Both Twilight and Keyshades are available for free from MyTreo.net.

Thanks for the great recommendation! I just installed these apps. and they're working well on my 700P (so far)![/QUOTE

No problem!! It is the exact solution I was looking for for the lights....I have had the 2 programs on my 700P for a while and no issues... I do recommend RLock from Resco.net.. make sure you have all the ! locked or just pick "select Defaults" under action.. and you will be all set!! RLock is a must for the 700P!!

Fridayy
    Count me in as one that benefitted from this thread. Merci mon ami.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Thanks for the post. I'm trying out keyshades on my 700P and hopefully I can extend my battery life. One question regarding Twilight. Since it is so easy to control the lights with keyshades, I would think that Twilight would be unnecessary. Am I missing a benefit of using both programs?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Thanks for the headsup. This is working fine on my 700p.

BTW, the advantage of twilight is its automation....
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    One question regarding Twilight. Since it is so easy to control the lights with keyshades, I would think that Twilight would be unnecessary. Am I missing a benefit of using both programs?
    I agree. Keyshades is such an elegant app. I tried KBlightsoff but it wasn't freeware. The difference is that Keyshades defaults to lights off after a reset. So I turn on the lights only when I need to - if I don't need to type even in the evening, they stay off. If I do use the lights and forget to turn them off, NVBackup resets my Treo at night and voila - lights are off when I wake up. So simple.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I agree. Keyshades is such an elegant app. I tried KBlightsoff but it wasn't freeware. The difference is that Keyshades defaults to lights off after a reset.
    KBLights defaults to lights on after a reset. I keep my lights off about 90% of the time and found this annoying. However, I now use this as a "feature" as a passive way of alerting me when my Treo my have reset without my knowledge. I rarely get resets, so if I ever notice the keyboard lights are on, I can ##377# to see what happened.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I've been using these two apps. for a few days now and they're still great. No resets, lockups, or conflicts with backup apps.

I like using them in conjuction with each other. Lights are off during the day, on at night, and a quick touch of the side button changes things if necessary.

And the use of the side button doesn't stop the voice recorder from working if you hold it down, either
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Thats great the 2 programs are working for everybody!! I have tried KBLightsOff.. but I am ubsested with my 700P running smooth and fast..so KBLights slowed my Treo down alot so it wasnt 4 me... I like the automation of Twilight because I am lazy and constantly hitting the side at night gets annoying..

Fridayy
    The only way I found KBLights to not slow down my 650 and 700p was to not use the automatic mode. I just double-tap the side button to turn the lights on/off as needed. Obviously that's not ideal for everyone, but it works for me which is good since I paid for the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    The only way I found KBLights to not slow down my 650 and 700p was to not use the automatic mode. I just double-tap the side button to turn the lights on/off as needed. Obviously that's not ideal for everyone, but it works for me which is good since I paid for the app.
    That's how I'm using KB LightsOff on my 680 too. The automatic mode didn't noticeably slow down my device, but the buttons which activate the lights in auto mode work differently on the 680 than they did on the 650. Specifically, the red power button on the 680 is in the same location as the Menu key on the 650. Similarly, the green button is in the same location as the Home key. KB LightsOff allows me to choose Home and Menu as activation keys for the lights, but not the red and green buttons. Since I normally use my red power button to turn on my Treo, my lights don't get activated in automatic mode on a 680. Does this same problem exist with the keyboard configuation on the 700P?