1.    #1  
    I have already found out from Chapura support that the 700p SMS app cannot do a lookup of the keycontacts DB (a limitation of the 700p and keycontacs) which I posted in another thread.

Now I am questioning ringtones. On my 650, you could assign ringtones to speed dials. On the 700p, palm improved this by allowing all contacts to have individual ringtones even if they are not speed dials. But this setting is in the palm contacts DB not speed-dial as it was before. This option does not seem to be available in the keycontacts DB. Is this another shortcoming of using keycontacts on the 700p? I am still waiting for an answer from Chapura but thought I would post here as I am impatient.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I have already found out from Chapura support that the 700p SMS app cannot do a lookup of the keycontacts DB (a limitation of the 700p and keycontacs) which I posted in another thread.

Now I am questioning ringtones. On my 650, you could assign ringtones to speed dials. On the 700p, palm improved this by allowing all contacts to have individual ringtones even if they are not speed dials. But this setting is in the palm contacts DB not speed-dial as it was before. This option does not seem to be available in the keycontacts DB. Is this another shortcoming of using keycontacts on the 700p? I am still waiting for an answer from Chapura but thought I would post here as I am impatient.
    When I asked last year, Chapura said they were looking into this but made no promises.
  3.    #3  
    For those of you interested, here is the answer from Chapura:

Hi,

I am sorry but there is no way to set Ring tones within KeyContacts on
    the handheld. The Ring tones will only work with the default Contacts
    database at this time.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

For even more information about Chapura products, please visit our
    solution database at >

Thank you,

Evelyn
    Technical Support
    Chapura, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:27 PM
    To: Chapura Support
    Subject: Support Mail Form

Response:
    ===============================

Name:
    Company:
    Day Phone:
    Mail From:

Chapura Product: KeySuite
    Chapura Version: 3.5

Operating System: WinXPPro
    Exchange Server: Y
    Outlook Version: OL2003
    Handheld Type: treo700p

Problem:
    The 700p's internal contact database allows for seperate ringtones PER
    contact. This was an "improvement" over the 650 where only speed dials
    could get special ringtones. However, with KeyContacts, is there a way
    to select individual ringtones per contact? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    There is a solution but it's a kluge. 1) Create a contact in your Palm Contacts database and assign your favorite ringtone. 2) Turn off "Redirect Phone Number Look Up" in the Preferences section. When your favorite caller calls the appropriate ringtone will play. There are a few caveats, if someone who is on your KeyContacts database calls and they are not in your Contacts database then they will not be recognized, so the caller ID feature of your treo is defeated to some extent. You can choose to sync your Outlook database with both Key Contacts and the Palm database but there are a number of places this can go wrong (trust me) but it can be done and it does work.
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!