Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    My 700p only charges with the USB cable. The wall outlet only works if I keep pushing the little thing to the Treo.

Has any of you encountered this problem and how did you solve it?

J
    Once in a while I clean the contacts and spread them out a bit with a pin; your cable is getting worn. Ben
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Did that, did not work.

I think the insides of the 700p might be damaged.

Does anyone know if the USB charger charges the Treo using the same wiring than the wall chargr, that way I can confirm if it is the charger or the Treo with the problem.

J
  4. CT3
    Quote Originally Posted by jdr1000 View Post
    Did that, did not work.

I think the insides of the 700p might be damaged.

Does anyone know if the USB charger charges the Treo using the same wiring than the wall chargr, that way I can confirm if it is the charger or the Treo with the problem.

J
    yes. the wall charger and the usb cable charge the phone using the same port on the phone so it has to be the wall charger
    I'm having the same problem. I thought it was my battery at first. Verizon replaced the battery, but I'm hesitant to use the new one because its started the same with with the spare that I've been running on.

I think that there is something wrong inside the 700p. For whatever reason it doesn't like the AC chargers. I have two that I've tried and it won't charge off of either one. It only charges off of my Insten sync-and-charge cable. I also have a Seidio USB charging cable and it doesn't charge reliably off of that either.

This already killed one battery, thankfully it was replaced under warranty. Its a major pain to have to leave my phone plugged into my computer overnight to charge it now, my office is on the opposite end of my house and I can't hear the phone ringing or the alarms going off. I used to use the phone as an alarm clock and listen to radio in the morning with it.