Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I get the following error message when I try to connect to the server:

AirSAMStateMachine.c
    1913 4670

anyone know what the fix is?

Thanks
    eagle,

I am getting the same error on cingular. i hope someone can help us.

does anyone know if I unlock it through one of the online places I would be allowed to run the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpik View Post
    eagle,

I am getting the same error on cingular. i hope someone can help us.

does anyone know if I unlock it through one of the online places I would be allowed to run the update?
    That wouldn't change it, Cingular use requires a change in your plan - see taroliw's post number 39 in this thread.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Ok, but I called cingular yesterday and had them do the thing that Chatter reccomends, I also have the unlimited data plan (39.95) am i not signed up for something else?
    another question is this update not for cingular because the ability is already in the 680? I picked up a 680 from cing last week, and when i goto set up a new acct in versamail the option for EAS is already in there as an option, just curious? I've been with a blackberry for a while so I'm still getting into my Treo frame of mind.

thanks
    The change required for ChatterEmail Exchange push isn't relevant for EAS push; ChatterEmail and EAS use completely different protocols.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by jpik View Post
    another question is this update not for cingular because the ability is already in the 680? I picked up a 680 from cing last week, and when i goto set up a new acct in versamail the option for EAS is already in there as an option, just curious? I've been with a blackberry for a while so I'm still getting into my Treo frame of mind.

thanks
    That's a good question. You can check for the presence of those 5 files, maybe they're in rom. I've got an unlocked one. I think the cingular can do EAS, but not the push part.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Why, yes, they do. For anyone interested in the details of the Cingular adjustments required, they are posted on the ChatterMail site FAQ.
    I tried usingf the link to find out the fix. It's not displaying anything, says the category is currently empty. Can you explain the fix you were talking about? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpgeno View Post
    I tried usingf the link to find out the fix. It's not displaying anything, says the category is currently empty. Can you explain the fix you were talking about? Thanks!
    Well, this is disappointing. I was confused why this and other information about the EX plugin disappeared and it turns out that Marc has decided to split it off from ChatterEmail. You can find the information that was previously posted on the FAQ I noted instead on the EXPlugin site in this discussion thread.

But since the EX plugin is now not going to be integrated in Chatter releases and will only be supported best effort -- not to suggest Marc's efforts are small, but that it will not get the attention it previously did -- I think I'll be switching myself back to using IMAP for Exchange. pity...
    Interesting. I made the change to using Exchange early this morning (2-3am to be honest), and its been fine. Granted, I have not done the push email more than just this morning as I have needed the battery to last (1) and I am in front of a desktop all day (with OL Web Access up). If it could be that I could set things up to push in my after-office time, it would be better. But its just fine for my needs.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Well, I just want to stay on the good side of the Exchange admins... so I've migrated to Chatter 3.0.6 and the new method of the EX plugin. Seems to be working great -- not that Marc would be surprised. For those still seeking to use Exchange with Chatter in "push" mode, check out http://www.explugin.com/
    I've been using a 750 for a few months now, sadly without chatter but I'm getting a new 680 today for an employee and was wondering if I use chatter on it with this new update what do I use to sync the contacts and calendar?
    Was that a trick question?

No? ... OK Well, Chatter can't do PIM sync (not really the point). So your options to do PIM sync are to hotsync, use "Email" (VersaMail) with the EAS directpush (which comes with the update being discussed in this thread), or purchase another tool (there are many) to accomplish similar synchronization. Personally, I have found that using DirectPush with Exchange has been working fairly well. And it works fine right alongside Chatter, even if you use EXPlugin -- a separate download from http://www.explugin.com/ as of Chatter 3.0.6+ -- with it for push email from Exchange.
    No one has responded!

Anyone out there who can help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    No one has responded!

Anyone out there who can help.

Thanks
    Weird. I replied to you a couple of days ago...Or so I thought. I guess the post didnt go through...

Anyway, the error you're getting means: "Data network: DNS error. Server not found."

Check your settings and see if everything is typed correctly. Also check to see if the ports you have are correctly set.
    For those using the Push feature with Versamail, how is your battery life? It really stinks on my phone since I switched it to "as items arrive". I love the feature, but I sometime switch it to every 15 minutes to save battery life.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    "Weird. I replied to you a couple of days ago...Or so I thought. I guess the post didnt go through...

Anyway, the error you're getting means: "Data network: DNS error. Server not found."

Check your settings and see if everything is typed correctly. Also check to see if the ports you have are correctly set."

Thanks

I now get the error message
    MM EAS FPI etc

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by theeaglehasland View Post
    I now get the error message
    MM EAS FPI etc

Any thoughts?
    Sure... my first one is "they put 'etc' in an error message?" If it's too long to type, try using "Snap" to capture a screen shot and post that. It's free.
    Quote Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
    For those using the Push feature with Versamail, how is your battery life? It really stinks on my phone since I switched it to "as items arrive". I love the feature, but I sometime switch it to every 15 minutes to save battery life.
    I just added the update to my Treo last night and within 12 hours of very little use (other than having Versamail upload all my contacts, calendar, and email for the first time), it looks like 1/4 to 1/3 of my battery has been depleted.

Are you getting better or worse battery life with the push enabled?
    Much worse. Maybe 12-18 hours with it enabled, depending on the other features.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast