Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to stop the Treo 680 automatically setting alarms every time I add a new event to the Calendar. I would prefer to have alarms set only when I actually want to be reminded of events with the audible alarm.

On the old Tungsten T days I had to manually set the alarms to on...now on the 680 they just are set to go off by default...and I have to manually turn each one off..

Thanks.
    This one is bugging me too. I have looked and looked. Can't find that option to default to NO ALARM! LOL

Seriously tho, it does bug me. I have no need for this feature, why can't I turn it off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to stop the Treo 680 automatically setting alarms every time I add a new event to the Calendar. I would prefer to have alarms set only when I actually want to be reminded of events with the audible alarm.

On the old Tungsten T days I had to manually set the alarms to on...now on the 680 they just are set to go off by default...and I have to manually turn each one off..

Thanks.
    In the calendar app, press the menu button, go to Options>Sound Preferences and under "Default Alarm," select "None." You can change this at any time when you set up a new event, by checking "Alarm" in the new event "Details" and telling it how long in advance to alarm you.
    Thanks
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    Thanks too!!

Must have gone in to those prefs a 100 F'n times looking......
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    In the calendar app, press the menu button, go to Options>Sound Preferences and under "Default Alarm," select "None." You can change this at any time when you set up a new event, by checking "Alarm" in the new event "Details" and telling it how long in advance to alarm you.
    Options > Sound Preferences doesn't exist on my 680 (only Preferences, Display Options and Security) so went into the Palm's Preference Panel and chose Sound & Alerts and from Application, used the pulldown to Calendar and set Volume to 'Off' and Vibrate to 'Never'. I suppose if to really wanted to be thorough you could also set Alarm Sound and Reminder Sound to No Sound, too.

I guess all this would need to tweaked if I did decide to set an Alarm?
    Quote Originally Posted by MleB View Post
    Options > Sound Preferences doesn't exist on my 680 (only Preferences, Display Options and Security) so went into the Palm's Preference Panel and chose Sound & Alerts and from Application, used the pulldown to Calendar and set Volume to 'Off' and Vibrate to 'Never'. I suppose if to really wanted to be thorough you could also set Alarm Sound and Reminder Sound to No Sound, too.

I guess all this would need to tweaked if I did decide to set an Alarm?
    Launch Calendar
    Hit Menu
    Go to Options Menu
    Pick Sound Preferences
    Change Default Alarm to whatever time (None in your case)

Or:

Launch Prefs
    Select Sound & Alerts
    Change Application to Calendar
    Change Default Alarm to whatever time (None in your case)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for this! I'd also hunted through preferences...but 'couldn't see the forest for all the trees'...much appreciated!