Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi,

    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to stop the Treo 680 automatically setting alarms every time I add a new event to the Calendar. I would prefer to have alarms set only when I actually want to be reminded of events with the audible alarm.

    On the old Tungsten T days I had to manually set the alarms to on...now on the 680 they just are set to go off by default...and I have to manually turn each one off..

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    This one is bugging me too. I have looked and looked. Can't find that option to default to NO ALARM! LOL

    Seriously tho, it does bug me. I have no need for this feature, why can't I turn it off?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    Hi,

    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to stop the Treo 680 automatically setting alarms every time I add a new event to the Calendar. I would prefer to have alarms set only when I actually want to be reminded of events with the audible alarm.

    On the old Tungsten T days I had to manually set the alarms to on...now on the 680 they just are set to go off by default...and I have to manually turn each one off..

    Thanks.
    In the calendar app, press the menu button, go to Options>Sound Preferences and under "Default Alarm," select "None." You can change this at any time when you set up a new event, by checking "Alarm" in the new event "Details" and telling it how long in advance to alarm you.
  4. #4  
    Thanks
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
  5. #5  
    Thanks too!!

    Must have gone in to those prefs a 100 F'n times looking......
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    In the calendar app, press the menu button, go to Options>Sound Preferences and under "Default Alarm," select "None." You can change this at any time when you set up a new event, by checking "Alarm" in the new event "Details" and telling it how long in advance to alarm you.
    Options > Sound Preferences doesn't exist on my 680 (only Preferences, Display Options and Security) so went into the Palm's Preference Panel and chose Sound & Alerts and from Application, used the pulldown to Calendar and set Volume to 'Off' and Vibrate to 'Never'. I suppose if to really wanted to be thorough you could also set Alarm Sound and Reminder Sound to No Sound, too.

    I guess all this would need to tweaked if I did decide to set an Alarm?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MleB View Post
    Options > Sound Preferences doesn't exist on my 680 (only Preferences, Display Options and Security) so went into the Palm's Preference Panel and chose Sound & Alerts and from Application, used the pulldown to Calendar and set Volume to 'Off' and Vibrate to 'Never'. I suppose if to really wanted to be thorough you could also set Alarm Sound and Reminder Sound to No Sound, too.

    I guess all this would need to tweaked if I did decide to set an Alarm?
    Launch Calendar
    Hit Menu
    Go to Options Menu
    Pick Sound Preferences
    Change Default Alarm to whatever time (None in your case)

    Or:

    Launch Prefs
    Select Sound & Alerts
    Change Application to Calendar
    Change Default Alarm to whatever time (None in your case)
  8. Mavoz's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
       #8  
    Thanks so much for this! I'd also hunted through preferences...but 'couldn't see the forest for all the trees'...much appreciated!

Posting Permissions